That should end the L. Frazier to head coach talk.
by PWK2 (2022-01-23 22:15:33)

Ten seconds left, he leaves Kelcie uncovered. Brilliant.

It won't. McCaskey will hire Frazier or Caldwell.
by djpall  (2022-01-24 12:43:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then be perplexed why Bears fans and media erupt.

Narrator: It didn't *
by El capitan  (2022-01-24 11:21:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Untrue - it probably guarantees that the Bears will hire him *
by Irishlawyer  (2022-01-24 10:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both can be 100% true with the Bears. *
by bizdomer09  (2022-01-24 15:54:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Except the McCaskeys are hiring
by ndsax01  (2022-01-24 10:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All reasoning and common sense go out the window when the constant over every failed regime the past three decades remains and will select the next GM and head coach (again). But hey, Frazier's a former '85 Bear. Bear Down!

13 seconds
by mwalsh  (2022-01-23 22:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To start the drive. 8 seconds with play to Kelce. Kelce, not Kelcie

Less than that if they had squib kicked *
by RJD  (2022-01-24 17:26:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With "Nor-wide," "Home Run Throwback," and...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2022-01-24 10:24:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

now the "13-Second Meltdown," the Bills are at the top of the heap for finding the most heart-breaking, head-scratching, soul-sucking, gut-punching ways to lose a playoff game.

I'd say it's unbelievable, but for Bills fans, it's all so entirely believable.

Nobody calls it "Nor-wide."
by DillonFightSong  (2022-01-24 15:41:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's Wide Right, No Goal (Sabres), Forward Lateral, and now, 13 Seconds. It should never take more than two words to distill the essence of a Buffalo fan's suffering.

You summarized our fandom very well
by Flanner89  (2022-01-24 10:38:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Been a fan since the early 70's, listening to the games on the radio in the garage with my Dad while we were "working" out there. Born and raised in WNY until leaving for ND in 1985. The Bills are always my NFL team and find new ways to rip hearts out. Painful combination of following ND and Buffalo sports. At least ND won a championship my senior year at ND. Buffalo -- not so much.
The Bills winning a Super Bowl would mean so much to that area. An area that doesn't find a lot of favor. I still remember a Dophins player saying "Buffalo is a lot like Cleveland, but without all the glitz." That's pretty much it.

I've pretty much given up hope on ND at this point
by garbageplate  (2022-01-24 15:11:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So the Bills are about my only hope (and maybe the Sabres if they ever get it together).

Last night was one of the worst losses of my life. I had a hotel booked for Buffalo for next week and was planning to attend the AFC Championship. It really felt like the breakthrough moment when Davis caught that last TD.

I am still numb.

If last night didn't convince you that Buffalo is cursed....
by BeastOfBourbon  (2022-01-24 15:52:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure what could.

I'm not kidding when I say that when Patrick Mahomes jogged out onto that field with 13 seconds left, I knew in my heart that disaster was about to strike. Again.

Numb is the best way to describe it.
by DillonFightSong  (2022-01-24 15:44:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A long-time friend who lives in North Jersey is raising all three of his boys as Bills fans. He told me the oldest (maybe 8-ish) went to bed in tears last night. Eventually you just develop a callous or discover drinking. My poor 2-year-old has no idea what he's in for.

My four-and-a-half year old is already obsessed
by garbageplate  (2022-01-24 15:55:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I honestly feel terrible for getting him involved with Buffalo and ND sports. He's still too young to feel the pain (thank God) but it's going to happen eventually.

Incidentally, I could've sworn I heard Mahomes say "no goal" as his cadence on one of the drives and I wasn't sure whether it was intentional, like Mike Vrabel trying to troll the Bills with a homerun throwback play earlier this year.

I'll be back because I always return, but I just stared awake for most of the night wondering whether it's been worth the time and energy.

Had my then 9 year old with me in Cleveland in 2015.
by wpkirish  (2022-01-24 19:44:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was an absolute phenomenal weekend right until the last shot. It was a couple years before he could talk about the game without crying. But we had so many great moments with the team and famliies it was still a great weekend.

8 seconds rather than 13 makes it worse. *
by PWK2  (2022-01-23 23:00:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok, Kelsey Grammer. *
by inigomontoya  (2022-01-23 22:56:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ha ha ha *
by mwalsh  (2022-01-23 23:21:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post