Numb is the best way to describe it.
by DillonFightSong (2022-01-24 15:44:09)

In reply to: I've pretty much given up hope on ND at this point  posted by garbageplate

A long-time friend who lives in North Jersey is raising all three of his boys as Bills fans. He told me the oldest (maybe 8-ish) went to bed in tears last night. Eventually you just develop a callous or discover drinking. My poor 2-year-old has no idea what he's in for.

My four-and-a-half year old is already obsessed
by garbageplate  (2022-01-24 15:55:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I honestly feel terrible for getting him involved with Buffalo and ND sports. He's still too young to feel the pain (thank God) but it's going to happen eventually.

Incidentally, I could've sworn I heard Mahomes say "no goal" as his cadence on one of the drives and I wasn't sure whether it was intentional, like Mike Vrabel trying to troll the Bills with a homerun throwback play earlier this year.

I'll be back because I always return, but I just stared awake for most of the night wondering whether it's been worth the time and energy.

Had my then 9 year old with me in Cleveland in 2015.
by wpkirish  (2022-01-24 19:44:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was an absolute phenomenal weekend right until the last shot. It was a couple years before he could talk about the game without crying. But we had so many great moments with the team and famliies it was still a great weekend.