Pitt 2005 probably my worst. Bottles lobbed at us pre-game
by DawsonMayes871 (2022-05-11 08:39:26)

In reply to: I've never been mistreated by an opposing fan.  posted by flapjack

They were really the only fans who harassed without any sort of provocation.

The Michigan games I went to ('05 and '07) were noon games which limited everything. Michigan State '06 wasn't great. Penn State was surprisingly fine. Been to a bunch of BC games and they weren't bad. Bama fans were painfully nice in the championship game.

You ain't kidding about Bama in 2013.
by domer4  (2022-05-14 08:09:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought pre-game they were really worried about losing... but no.... they were mostly just really sad for us because they knew what was going to happen to ND.

Thanks for empathy...

Yep. With 4 and 7 year old kids too
by Flanner89  (2022-05-11 13:10:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brought my kids to that game. Had people getting right in my face, attempting to provoke a fight, while I was walking to the stadium with my wife and two young children. That taught me to investigate the reputation of the other team when considering any road games. The result: the next road game we went to as a family was in Knoxville. Those fans are awesome!

I had bottles hurled at me too pre-Pitt 2005. *
by VT2ND  (2022-05-11 10:46:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post