Questions on "B" team and JV
by Flanner89 (2022-05-20 08:37:08)

In reply to: moving on  posted by olson

Interesting stuff as usual. I have no idea how you track this information down, but it is greatly appreciated.
Do the results of those games appear in ND's overall win-loss record? For example when calculating the university with the most wins or the highest winning percentage.
I'm guessing those games are not counted by ND, however that leads to a follow-up question: Can (and do) other schools count their results differently? I'm thinking about how Alabama takes credit for a national championship if one tiny poll awards it to them, vs. ND that only counts the major polls.

well off the front page *
by olson  (2022-05-20 09:35:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before the BCS era Alabama used to omit the results
by Dennis  (2022-05-20 11:42:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of bowl games in their winning percentage. Just didn't happen, ya know. I know this for a fact from the bowl games publications I received. They may be doing well now (ya think?) but prior to the Saban era they had the biggest case of Penis Envy in the history of sports.