If you're right, I believe this is illegal
by SixShutouts66 (2022-05-22 17:37:51)

In reply to: It’s why Ewer had to leave OSU  posted by lowcountrynd

The NIL is not supposed to have performance-related conditions. I would think making it contingent on starting or playing a certain number of minutes would be illegal (if the NCAA cared). Presumably not renewing the NIL because he was a bench warmer would be OK unless Mr Ewers had a different NIL contract in place.

Just make an NIL deal renewable on a monthly basis
by jbrown_9999  (2022-06-04 10:49:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If a kid is not playing, then do not renew. Or be able to cancel with 14 or 30 days notice (or zero days).

Some players may not sign such a deal but many may not pay attention to the fine details in any agreements.

Why would it be illegal?
by tdiddy07  (2022-05-23 12:35:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And do you mean actually illegal or against NCAA rules? Either way, I'm not aware of any authority that would prohibit this.

Theoretically, wouldn't that align with NIL?
by SEE  (2022-05-23 11:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If your likeness, image and name aren't recognizable, then wouldn't that negate your NIL value?