Report: Wash. Commanders buying stadium site in Dumfries, VA
by G.K.Chesterton (2022-05-23 16:11:12)

This is looking *way* down the road, but if Notre Dame was ever to play a game in that area, any thoughts on the logistics?

Whenever we'd drive down to Newport News to visit B21
by 105Marquette  (2022-05-23 21:52:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that stretch of I95 between Occaquan and Triangle was always the part of the trip that determined if the drive was going to be under 3 hours or more than 5. Can't imagine how bad traffic will be there on game day.

I live a few exits up in Woodbridge
by Radi-skull  (2022-05-24 15:42:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't imagine this is going to be anything but sucky for Sunday travel/shopping.

Monday night games will be awesome for gridlock southbound *
by tenordrum75  (2022-05-25 20:21:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I heard Andrew Brandt on the Ross Tucker podcast today.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-05-26 12:39:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brandt grew up in DC and has a lot of family still there. He is speculating that this news leak was intended to get Landover, MD (or similar) to get off the pot and get in gear about getting a new stadium built in Maryland.

The current stadium was not built with public money.
by Slotts  (2022-05-26 17:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dan, however, won't do that.

I hope he is right.
by tenordrum75  (2022-05-26 12:45:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not only from a traffic perspective, but I also don't want my tax dollars being used to help build a stadium for Danny.

Also talked about behind-the-scenes effort to oust King Dan.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-05-26 16:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's difficult to do and, as he frequently says, "There will be lawyers."

It will absolutely suck. I-95 south of DC is a nightmare. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2022-05-24 10:41:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep, another swing and a miss by Snyder *
by BmoreIrish  (2022-05-27 08:20:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Concur. As if traffic there wasn't bad enough already *
by Colonel Mustard  (2022-05-26 06:11:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those HOV lanes in the middle were great.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-05-24 13:55:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We got in them once we got through the city on 395 and hauled ass all the way to RVA. Highly recommend it, didn't see another car in there with us for quite a while.

They don't go all the way to Richmond. Not even close. *
by Slotts  (2022-05-26 17:32:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They got us close enough.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-06-01 15:19:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I noticed they're MASSIVELY expanding them.

Should've just electrified the rail line to RVA, though. Connect it into the NEC more closely.

I agree on the rail line. Also, they are not really HOV
by Slotts  (2022-06-01 17:27:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lanes. They are toll lanes.

Close but wrong. They are HOT lanes.
by squid  (2022-06-01 17:46:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

High Occupancy or Toll lanes. HOT. A 10 mile extension to Fredericksburg is delayed due to unforeseen soil issues. Scheduled now for December 2023. Tolls will be out of this world. As an example, precovid the toll rate for the 495 Express HOT lanes from Tysons down to Springfield (8 miles?) were routinely $20+ one way at rush.

Paywall free/gift link to Washington Post story from early May.

When you are passing the electronic tolls, how do they
by Slotts  (2022-06-03 10:04:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

determine if you are high occupancy and not subject to the toll?

E-ZPass has two types. One has a slideable toggle for HOV.
by squid  (2022-06-03 11:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1 + 2 = Free
Hop in the pool, the driving is great. Whether you’re slugging or in a vanpool or carpool, all you need is 3 or more people to drive the Express Lanes for free. If you have a headcount of 3 or more in your car, you can ride the Express Lanes for free at any time with your E-ZPass® Flex set to HOV ON.

Play fair or you pay the fare
You should only set your E-ZPass® to HOV ON if you have 3 or more people in your car. Claiming to be HOV when you're not can increase toll prices for drivers who are paying and playing fair.

If you don't have 3 in the car you have to pay a toll. Depending on the type of E-ZPass® Flex you have, set your Flex so HOV ON is covered or the line connects to HOV OFF.

Virginia State Police troopers can issue tickets of up to $1,000 to drivers who say they are HOV when they are not. Or, camera technology on the Lanes can spot HOV trips and make sure there are at least 3 people in your car. If there aren’t, charges can apply.

Edit: switched links.

If they're open and going the right direction! *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2022-05-24 15:52:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Next to Quantico (Marines/FBI) for anyone scoring at home. *
by VaDblDmr  (2022-05-23 20:40:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw a proposed map of the area and it wasnt Dumphries
by Radi-skull  (2022-05-26 14:56:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is straight up Woodbridge just north of Potomoc Mills.

This is actually worse for me because it is smackdap in the middle of my Costco and Target route.

Playing in Baltimore would be easier *
by Russiandomer  (2022-05-23 18:05:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Making a play for lucrative Richmond market. DC doesn’t care *
by rfk  (2022-05-23 18:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allow a week for travel from downtown DC. *
by Slotts  (2022-05-23 16:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post