This will certainly jank up a lot of the mock drafts (link)
by El Kabong (2023-03-01 10:43:17)

At least it happened before the Bears drafted him *
by sprack  (2023-03-02 13:12:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh no! The mock drafts! *
by DakotaDomer  (2023-03-01 20:19:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is no shame in sports anymore . . . *
by other_guy  (2023-03-01 15:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Won't deter the Cowboys *
by knutesteen  (2023-03-01 13:50:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Bengals: Hold my beer *
by cujays96  (2023-03-01 18:59:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some team will consider him a value pick.
by Kayo  (2023-03-01 13:14:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Teams at the top of the draft might not want to risk taking him when someone else is more of a sure thing; but as the first round progresses, some team will consider the potential reward of having him on its DL significantly greater than the risk of his personal baggage. I'll bet he is taken in the top 10.

I don't know that this is the sort of thing that will....
by Marine Domer  (2023-03-03 18:54:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have him falling down draft boards. It was reckless and stupid and illegal. But he isn't accused of doing drugs or carrying an illegal weapon or beating up a girlfriend. He wasn't in the car that crashed. I don't see it as something that's likely to land him in prison.

This really hurts the Bears leverage
by Doggie  (2023-03-01 12:36:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Bears knew that they could trade to 4 and still get either Carter or Anderson. Chances are Arizona at 3, if they stayed, put would take a defensive player. Texas would be silly to trade to 1 unless they were completely wired to one of the top qbs.

In some ways it gives the Bears more freedom to trade down knowing that if they trade at all, they will lose a chance at Anderson.

I've always thought they would trade farther down than 4th
by Kayo  (2023-03-01 13:11:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure they would have been happy to get either of the top defensive linemen, but there are teams in serious need of quarterbacks farther down in the draft.

Indianapolis should be able to get one of the top 3 quarterback picking fourth. Unless they think the difference between their favorite quarterback and one of the others is huge, so there is only so much they will pay to move up. There are teams farther down the draft that are ripe for fleecing because there is no other way they will have a shot at a quarterback as talented as Bryce Young.

I'd trade Fields for picks.
by tdiddy07  (2023-03-01 16:49:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And use one of those picks or this one for a QB. The only Bears fans I know like Fields. But the guy threw for 200 yards twice all year. Burrow played his rookie year for a horrible team, too, with no offense. But he still managed to throw for 300 yards five times in 10 games. He failed to throw for 200 yards only twice, and those performances (183/193) would rank 3rd and 5th for Fields last year. I don't care how many yards he rushes for. That's not sustainable. Even in Lamar Jackson's MVP year where he rushed for 80 ypg, he averaged 208 yards in the air on 66 percent.

who would be the Bears QB then?
by Doggie  (2023-03-02 14:24:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are there teams out there that are going to take Fields if the Bears don't want him? Truly bad teams are better off tanking and trying for Williams next year.

If the Bears dump him in favor of the college guys, are they better off? It is hard to make a case that any of the college guys are better than Fields. Young/Stroud seem to be the same kind of qb as Fields.

Are any available pro qbs going to come to Chicago? And would any of them be remarkedly better than Fields given the current makeup of the team? The experienced guys want to win now, not 3 years from now, which is how long it will take to rebuild this team to Super Bowl level.

Fields would seem to have a really good upside if he actually had a WR1 which isn't currently on the roster and merely a competent OL.

Undoubted that the Bears have needs across the table, but much of that might be cleaned up with some savvy free agent signings.

Anthony Richardson! oh, god , no that's a joke and a bad
by DomerJon  (2023-03-02 15:15:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one. Not only will he be out of the League in 2-3 years, so will the GM that drafts him. What on earth are people thinking? The guy can't play dead. But he'll look great at the combine!! morons.

If there aren’t teams that will take Fields, that should be
by tdiddy07  (2023-03-02 14:56:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a red flag that he isn’t worth investing around. If there are teams willing to give up a big draft package for him, you can turn it around with some speed. I don’t believe his stock will ever be higher. And the Bears are bad enough that they shouldn’t worry about their QB position for the next year or two. Get someone in this year’s draft or build around everywhere else and then get a free agent. The odds against Field are high enough that he should be seen as essentially replacement level.

Did you see the Bears pass blocking and receivers?
by baronbutler  (2023-03-02 11:26:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had nothing to work with but definitely developed over the course of the season. He'll never be the passing threat that Joe Burrow is, but with offensive talent around him, he certainly could get to the Lamar Jackson type numbers.

I'm guessing the Bears fans you know are homer fans?
by DomerJon  (2023-03-02 07:26:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a bears fan and he's terrible. Sure, does he get loose and break a couple runs, yeah. However, it's not sustainable in the long run. I suppose those friends are impressed by shiny things? I have those same friends I have been telling them he's bad and they should move on.

I keep hearing this Dynamic phrase, he's so dynamic. I think that means he can run. But he sure can't throw very well. If Young was 5 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier I they would be all over him.

Fields has potential. He is the most
by 1978Irish  (2023-03-02 11:53:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

explosive running QB that I have seen. He also seems like a tough competitor.

I don’t like that he holds the ball low before throwing and often waits until the receiver makes his break before throwing. His receivers and line were terrible so it was hard to evaluate him. Hopefully the coaches have a good handle on him.

If they think one of the QBs is a great player, then they should take him and trade Fields. I don’t see that happening.

Better to give him another year. Next year is his make or
by Raoul  (2023-03-03 15:27:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

break and I think you will have a definitive answer. Right now you don't. He needs a second year in the system with the benefit of additional picks and some F/As.

Trade down the top pick and get more top 100 players from this draft. Good OL's can play right away these days. And bet they pick up at least one good F/A OL.

I am not a Bears fan but it is too soon to move on. And finally, next year's QB class is better than this years. You will get a decent on in top 15 picks next year, and if Fields is a failure, you will have one of those picks....probably a Top 10. If you don't, it means he has probably evolved and they went .500 or better.

Lots of possibilities
by Doggie  (2023-03-01 13:38:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So with Carter likely out as perhaps even a top 10 pick, the Bears either pick Anderson or maximize their draft and make the best deal rather than focusing on getting one of the top 2 defensive guys.

I think Carolina trades for the #1 pick
by irishrock  (2023-03-01 13:30:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tepper can't be that patient, can he?

Nine days later... Good call. *
by Kayo  (2023-03-11 11:26:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Carter in FB and Brandon Miller in BB.....two top 3 draft
by Raoul  (2023-03-01 10:48:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

picks in their respective sports that seem to be clouded by serious legal issues.

Bears are lucky to have choice here. I'd probably trade down to pick up extra picks, even more so now that Cater is perhaps tainted.