The Bears actually fleeced someone! turn of events.
by DomerJon (2023-03-10 18:06:06)

In reply to: Da Bearsse just traded da number one pick  posted by sprack

Now Fields has no excuses. he has some weapons to thrown to. My very best bet is the Bears will be in the market for a new QB next year.

The Bears still need 3.5 OL and a defensive line.
by dfw  (2023-03-10 18:21:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I disagree that Fields has no excuses, but that certainly takes one off the list. And his contract isn't too big going forward (cap hits of $20 mil and 2 times $16 mil the following years).

I like that Poles likes to trade down, not up all of the time, quite different from the previous Ryan P.

And they could be in the market for a QB next year and now they have extra 1st round picks, if needed, to get one.

I think they are going to sign McGlinchey *
by jt  (2023-03-10 19:51:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

McGlinchey and one more lineman
by Kayo  (2023-03-11 11:30:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ant that still won't preclude drafting an offensive lineman with the #9 pick... or even trading down a few slots from #9, getting an additional pick, and taking an offensive lineman with a pick in the teens.

The OL will be serviceable. No excuses. The Bears have to
by DomerJon  (2023-03-10 19:04:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spend and OL and DL will be upgraded. It will be decided one way or another on fields next year. They'll have the draft capital next year to select a Qb if needed.

Will depend on the O line *
by Rick Sanchez  (2023-03-10 18:17:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post