I actually don't think it's that bad
by jt (2024-02-11 23:31:57)

In reply to: It must be infuriating to be a fan of that team  posted by pmcdnd96

you know that the other team gets paid too, right? I mean, Kansas City is a pretty good defense.

Kyle (like pretty much every single NFL OC) sends in at least two and sometimes 3 plays in with different checks before every play. These are different variations of runs and passes. It's up to the qb to check to the right play, and Purdy usually does. The Chiefs had better half time adjustments and it took longer than normal for the offense to counter.

Yeah, I didn't like it either and it was frustrating. But at the same time, you have to give credit to the other team. There were several killer mistakes by the Niners at crucial moments, as I've detailed in a few other posts. I certainly would imagine that they would want those plays back, just like they want the dropped interception vs the Rams in the championship game back, or the 3rd and 15 completion vs the Chiefs in the last Super Bowl. Unfortunately, that's not the way the game works.

It certainly sucks at the moment, but I think that being a fan of the 49ers is actually pretty cool.

Replies: