Obviously not good if true but I'm not sure how it would
by Carlos Huerta (2024-02-12 11:34:45)

In reply to: Multiple SF players stating they were clueless on OT rules  posted by NDinJapan

have impacted anything that happened. If anything if any defender thought they were gonna win when the first overtime quarter reached zero if KC didn't score it would have made them more inclined to be expecting pass on the last play.

the numbers show that it's a 50-50 shot either way
by jt  (2024-02-12 12:42:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and that's part of the reason the NFL went with this system, to ensure that it was the "most fair."

The team that receives first has the advantage/statistical probability of winning.

Honest question - is that based on modeling?
by cabnd00  (2024-02-12 13:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's no empirical evidence on it since it was the first time these rules were ever used.

I linked it below
by jt  (2024-02-12 13:50:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would assume that's modeling, yes.