if the defense had somehow managed to get a 4th
by jt (2024-02-12 12:52:01)
Edited on 2024-02-12 12:52:51

In reply to: I don't think you're arguing in good faith. Maybe you would  posted by Carlos Huerta

down when the Chiefs were in field goal range, would Reid have gone for it or would he have tied it up? That's another point people seem to be glossing over. Maybe he would have gone for it; probably would have depended on distance. If it was 3rd and 8 +, I doubt he would have. If he chose to kick at that point and it was successful, now the Niners have the advantage again where one score would have won in sudden death.

Again, we don't know because the defense couldn't do it, for a variety of reasons. That's what the Niners should be examining--why couldn't they get a stop? Yeah, Mahomes is good, but they've got talent on that defense as well, even without Greenlaw.

Yeah other than the 4th and 1 they weren't able to put KC
by Carlos Huerta  (2024-02-12 13:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in a real high pressure spot during that drive. Since KC doesn't have a play caller who thinks shot gun/run the QB into the line is a good idea with the season on the line they were able to get themselves out of that with ease.

defense couldn't get a stop when it needed it
by jt  (2024-02-12 13:55:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shanahan should have accounted for that in regulation, which is why I hated the second and third down play calls on both sides of the two minute warning. I definitely felt that he should have run on both of those plays. At a minimum, he would have forced the Chiefs to call a timeout.

But hindsight is 20-20. And Steve Wilks is fucking terrible.