"your offense had struggled of late in the game."
by jt (2024-02-13 00:24:15)
Edited on 2024-02-13 00:24:28

In reply to: Like I presented they stunk offensively most of the half  posted by JBrock18

That is not a correct statement.

Of the two units, it is not arguable as to which was stronger at that point. And assuming a td by a unit that had scored one (off of a sudden change, mind you) isn't a given if the defense is rested.

You guys are using the benefit of hindsight, and I note that you have never answered as to your opinion of what Reid would have done 4th and 15 from field goal range. If your theory would hold, you'd have to assume that he would have gone for it. But, of course he wouldn't have; nobody sane would. He would have kicked and trusted his defense, and Kyle's theory would have been correct. But we won't know, because the defense didn't get a stop. It's the more poorly coached and prepared of the two units.

The defensive scheme and coaching and the offensive line pass protection coupled with turnovers, questionable clock managemtn and poor special teams led to the loss. It's as old an explanation as the game itself. Yes, that's on the head coach, and I expect significant improvement. Getting lost in the minutia of the overtime decision is sportz talk nonsense. It was a 50-50 shot, and to focus on that ignores the other problems, which are much, much, much more likely to have an impact on futures games and schedules.

Replies: