Clemson is suing the ACC . (link) (link)
by ryND (2024-03-19 12:59:20)
Edited on 2024-03-19 13:02:15

The FSU lawsuit revealed significant cracks in the ACC's
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-19 18:14:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

claim to a "grant of rights" through 2036. That media members like Sampson haven't understood this shouldn't surprise me, I suppose, although I hope/trust ND is getting better legal advice than the likes of Domer-by-marriage Sampson, et al. have given out. Clearly now Clemson agrees.

With this lawsuit I'll go ahead and predict that the ACC won't last with FSU, Clemson, UNC, and probably Miami, past 2026.

What cracks did the FSU lawsuit show?
by tdiddy07  (2024-03-19 20:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't remember any eye-opening details from the allegations.

I went over it at the time here, but the problem for the ACC
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-19 21:40:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that the extension of the GOR from 2027 forward is on shaky ground.

Have you read the Clemson lawsuit yet?
by gregmorrissey  (2024-03-20 09:40:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't looked at it. I thought it was odd that the few articles I read didn't cite the options extension as an argument in the Clemson case. I might have missed it, or the articles may have been poorly researched. The Clemson case seemed even more outrageous than the FSU case which at least has the option extension as a plausible argument.

The Clemson case is basically "we could do better on our own so we have the right to walk away".

I haven't. *
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-20 16:07:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Clemson and/or FSU leave we'll probably join the BIG10
by guilfordnd  (2024-03-19 14:33:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It'll cause several more schools to leave....then what's the point of being affiliated with them?

Don’t rule out the SEC just yet.
by usaf_irish  (2024-03-19 15:58:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’ll all depend on where the chips fall when/if the ACC implodes.

I will rule out the SEC right now
by ACross  (2024-03-19 19:08:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dear Christ, we get all kinds around here.

The SEC has already said they’d offer.
by usaf_irish  (2024-03-19 21:03:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

None of us would want it, but that’ll be a LOT of money.