Dream Team
by irishnole4638 (2024-03-26 10:27:07)

what’s to keep the 22 best players at each position from saying , let’s all get together and win a NC at ….. any school…… say Souther Miss?

Yeah, I got a big story for ya
by DBCooper  (2024-03-29 08:36:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we came to town to see a ball game, and now they wanna give us the chair. I love New York. Bring your kids. Have 'em arrested. Do some time in The Big Apple.

That would have been possible 20 years ago
by ndzippy  (2024-03-26 23:29:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now, they'll all just get paid a lot more...

The salary cap
by Jvan  (2024-03-26 21:08:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even USC can’t afford all of those egos.

Wouldn’t that require a consensus about who is the best? *
by ufl  (2024-03-26 12:04:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Now that we have Dream Teams, we seldom ever get to dream"
by Revue Party  (2024-03-26 11:54:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks.

scholarship limits. 22 best players at each position
by Donger  (2024-03-26 11:52:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

gets you to 484 without even addressing special teams.

Ego and human nature
by gregmorrissey  (2024-03-26 11:45:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But nothing with how the rules are currently being enforced

Tim Brown and Rocket were once on the same panel with Lou
by Moff  (2024-03-26 13:54:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After the talk was over, I asked the Coach if he ever daydreamed about having them both on the field at the same time. He laughed and said "Sure, but I only had one football!"

He is right, of course. I'm sure it was hard enough in '88 to distribute the playcalls to Tony Rice, Mark Green, Tony Brooks, Rodney Culver, Anthony Johnson, Braxton Banks, Derek Brown, Frank Jacobs, Ricky Watters, Rocket, Pat Eilers, etc.

And Tim Brown was busy that season breaking Gayle Sayers record for most yardage by a Rookie - and TB's record still stands.

Yup, role players are just as important as stars...
by ndgenius  (2024-03-26 15:09:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just ask the Rip Hamilton, Chauncy Billups Pistons team. I don't think there was anyone on that team that would be close to the Top100 in NBA history but you had players like Rasheed, Tayshaun Prince and others who were competent players and filled the role that they were asked to play. How many "superteams" are created these days in the NBA who just can't play together...as Lou said...there's only 1 ball.

Here's another ND Coach that would agree:
by Moff  (2024-03-26 15:25:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven." - Knute