Interesting letter from QN's dad
by El Kabong (2018-01-10 17:10:55)

Not sure which was the originating site, this is the first I'm reading of it at OFD.

It seems very likely to be a valid letter from the father,
by Sorin107  (2018-01-12 16:26:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but it also seems fishy that none of us know what website it came from

Thde world ain't black and white
by alleghenyirish  (2018-01-11 10:15:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But this board would have you believe Kelly is literally Satan.
This man probably has more insight to the current program than most you, yet you discard this letter based on personal agendas. I bet if a parent wrote a scathing review of Kelly, it would be taken as gospel here.

Can we put agendas aside for one second and acknowledge maybe, just maybe, a 4-8 to 10-3 turnaround in one year is pretty good, and Kelly deserves some credit for it?

Deserves some credit?
by IrishJosh24  (2018-01-11 14:42:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For a "turnaround" that was possible only because he did such a horrific job the previous year? Yippee!

I don't think Brian Kelly is literally Satan. I don't even think he's figuratively Satan. I think he's a terrible representative of the University and a mediocre coach. He's not the right person for this job.

And I don't really care, to be perfectly honest, how humble and kind he was when he was trying to convince the best player on the team to return for another year. I care more about what he said about Sam Mustipher and DeShone Kizer, in public, to deflect blame than I do about what he said to Quenton Nelson, in private, to get him to stay.

I'm not sure I'd feel differently about a scathing letter from a player's parents. It's nice to see that Mr. Nelson felt good about the season and is happy with the coaching his son received this year. I wouldn't enjoy reading that other parents feel otherwise. But I don't need a player's parents to tell me whether Notre Dame should--or could--get a better coach. I don't think they have uniquely valuable insight there. Brian Kelly isn't the best we can do. Mr. Nelson won't convince me otherwise.

But I tell you what: I'll give Brian Kelly credit for the turnaround the moment he takes blame for the academic misconduct that resulted in vacated victories and probation. Right now, we are both on "Zero. None. Absolutely none."

Good post. I agree with every word. *
by BottleofRed  (2018-01-11 20:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you. Well said. *
by RallyingSon  (2018-01-11 17:45:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I can tell you in all honesty that we sat before a very
by cj  (2018-01-11 12:47:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tired and humbled head coach who began our discussion by taking full responsibility for the horrific season that was. He took his time listing all of the mistakes and faults he felt he personally had made, and in great detail,..."

Oh, poopsie was tired. Maybe the 4 AM yoga headstands on his lululemon mat finally got to him.

The under-performing HC had the second worst record in 50 years.

That season was prefaced by demonstrable pre-season bluster. '16 bought us the time to do it right and all other bs... Then kelly hammered players throughout the year and pulled other nonsense. Then he dreamed up a "fund raising" ruse excuse. The guy is so far over his skis...

Big f'ing deal that he showed some humility. What was he going to do brag about it? He said what he had to say to keep Nelson in the fold.

Changes were forced on kelly and if he had his way bvg would still be here. Fortunately, for Nelson and the other O linemen, Heistand stayed for the season.

Your acceptance of 10-3 is devoid of any sense of what was lost.

We were in the NC hunt at # 3 and then got murdered by miami and outsmarted once again by an undermanned Stanford squad.

Long, Lea, and polian are in charge of the three major coaching phases.

polian stinks as a coach. The other 2 are wild cards and kelly is an average to below average HC coach at best.

Long had 1 year as OC at Memphis. Lea has zero DC experience.

I described the going for 2 NW situation to a pro football player yesterday.

"He's an idiot." All the schmaltzy prose doesn't change that...

Trying to make kelly a sympathetic figure after all the on and off field cr** from him and under his watch is a loser's hand.

The NC was there for the taking this year and unfortunately dopey held form.

Your mind is certainly made up
by mattymcd  (2018-01-11 17:28:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I get it. You don't like Kelly, and there is nothing he can do to win your favor.

1) He had a horrible 4-8 season. With that said, I think he deserves some credit for changing his stripes and looking for anything he could to do a better job (including eschewing some of the speaking engagements and fund raising efforts). And I think that Nelson would have picked up on it if the coach didn't sound sincere in his humility.

2) I agree, we lost a HUGE opportunity to compete for a national championship this year. The Miami game was a shit show, but it was something that I've seen a lot in college football. Sometimes a good team has a bad game at the worst possible time... against another good team at their very best. Miami never played a better game this year... not even close. We rode our very one dimensional offense as far as it could take us this year. Miami basically pinned their ears back and attacked both options of the read option run with little regard for the passing game. Wimbush never found his accuracy this season, and by the end, our opponents knew they could play straight man and focus on stopping Adams.

3) How did Stanford outsmart us? We turned the ball over 2 times in the span of a minute and they scored three touchdowns in the span of 3 minutes. It was 20-17 at that point. Hats off to Stanford for making big plays when they needed it. I didn't see this as a huge coaching failure. Those mistakes are hard to overcome.

Anyways, I'm ambivalent about Kelly. I think he had a nice season and most of my disappointment stems from the high hopes that I had when we sat there at 8-1 with 8 dominant wins and a 1-point loss to an excellent Georgia team... The end of the season sucked, but there was also a lot to like about this year. As far as the NC being there for the taking... I think that it was if Kizer had stayed.

It's on kelly and if you want to believe that lying sack of
by cj  (2018-01-11 18:41:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

crap then good for you.

Yep, Stanford had nothing to do with those turnovers. They were gifted to them. Got it. They are physically and intellectually superior to us in football.... this year and have been for some time.

Factoid: miami was not a football game. We never showed up. Does that sound familiar? Oh, but our jackass was once again making the rounds on ESPN and every other sports talk show that would have him leading up to the game. He never misses an opportunity to self promote. Then he completely flamed out again in embarrassing fashion.

If you enjoy his introspection I'd like to draw your attention to McGlinchey's meeting with him. This young man, there have been others, read kelly the riot act on our coaching prior to the purple one taking any action at all. Our coaching situation was toxic. kelly created that and let it fester. Change was then forced upon him...including his behavior...

kelly's "bless me father for I have sinned" routine to keep Nelson on the squad worked.

Our team and school deserve better than what both he and swarbrick have brought to this program.

Tell me more about his fund raising activity. Where was he? How many events did he do? That appears to be another pile of b.s.

kelly sounds like cfb's jimmy swaggart.

You are wrong about kelly "not being able to do anything to win my favor".

He can leave...that'd be a great start.

Whatever Kelly's fundraising responsibilities/abilities are
by tf86  (2018-01-11 20:15:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's certainly no Jimmy Swaggart when it comes to fundraising. Then again, not many people are.

Btw, I had thought Jimmy Swaggart was dead (because I hadn't heard of him in a long, long time) until I found out that my wife's friend's husband STILL watches him.

PS I was thinking more along the lines of... 20 second mark.
by cj  (2018-01-12 15:05:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I met Auxiliary Bishop Freyer at Christ Cathedral yesterday.
by cj  (2018-01-11 20:38:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting guy....

That facility was built by deceased preacher Robert Schuller. According to the bishop it is the largest diocesan center in the world...33 acres ... one of the buildings was used for the latest Star Wars movie... command center?? Anyway, the place is beautiful. The organ is undergoing a 4 million + restoration in Italy.
He told me it was the 4th biggest organ in the world. (Talk about a lay up).
I was so close to refuting his contention in legendary fashion and the thought of confession almost sold me. "You said what to the Bishop?" Could have been fun...

He also deserves credit for NCAA probation
by NGIrish09  (2018-01-11 11:36:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, most here feel that he is a mediocre coach that our shitty athletic director refuses to fire, despite ample cause. So if that is what Satan is and this is what Hell is like, I plan to go forth and sin no more.

the world is a vampire sent to drain
by jt  (2018-01-11 10:47:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

secret destroyers hold you up to the flames

And now I've gone down a Smashing Pumpkins wormhole at work
by alleghenyirish  (2018-01-11 11:03:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thank you sir

hopefully that doesn't make you mellon collie *
by jt  (2018-01-11 11:56:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Assuming all he said was true, so what?
by tdiddy07  (2018-01-11 10:31:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't discount anything said in the letter about the reasons for the improvement from 2016 to 2017. I don't think many on here do either. I assume all of that to be true. The point is, what does that get us? It's year 8, Kelly just wasted a historically dominant offensive line and had a good but not great season. Kelly is still the guy who commanded the most underachieving season in Notre Dame history. And realizing the sins of his ways improved the program to simply an underachieving season.

How does anything that he said point toward continued improvement in the future? In the end, even in one of Kelly's best seasons, the team was ill-prepared against the stiffest competition. Yay, we're back to being just run of the mill underachievers. Nelson quickly glossed over our colossal failures under the brightest lights. But that's the most important part of the season with respect to predicting future performance under Kelly.

He also erected straw men to support his argument in support of Kelly's future. I don't care about insight to the program. The insinuation that the only improvements that ND can get from Kelly are Saban and Meyer is just plain dumb. It takes no special insight to the program to appropriately rank Kelly's performance and reputation in the industry against his peers. And I can guarantee you that I've spent more time than Nelson has looking at the historical performance of college coaches. For all the things I assume he's right about concerning Kelly's approach to this season, he's just dead ass wrong about where Kelly stacks up against his peers.

I agree with you, except that I would say Nelson's father
by Irish 1978  (2018-01-11 10:23:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

definitely has more insight into the program than anyone on this Board.

Most interesting to me - the humble pie eating started with
by acrossdmiddle  (2018-01-10 20:49:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The players, which suggests it was more sincere than I thought.

To me, the labeling of departed coaches was most interesting
by frickerdog  (2018-01-11 09:01:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least some of the dismissed coaches (Denbrock, Booker, BVG, Sanford, Gilmore, Longo) were labeled as "demeaning" or "underperforming", and there was a reference to those falling within those labels as being long-time associates of BK.

Since Longo was one of only two long-time coaches
by tdiddy07  (2018-01-11 09:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

, and the only one who didn't get a coordinator promotion out of the gig, it puts further scrutiny on the disability claim that Longo is getting out of presumably the university's insurer.

Nice and insightful letter
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-01-10 18:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the other hand, it would be more of a "man bites dog" story if a player's parent wrote a letter about how much he hated the head coach, unless the player were booted from the team or otherwise mistreated. In other words, I'm not surprised that QN's father has good things to say about his son's now-former coach.

Agree completely
by Hipster  (2018-01-10 21:30:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Quentin Nelson stuck it out, got his degree, maintained his health and heads to the draft as a valuable commodity with nothing but plaudits and respect all around.

Why wouldn't Mr. Nelson be magnanimous and gracious? I would be willing to guarantee that not all parents of every player, former player/assistant coach or videographer feel the same way about Kelly. They may simply decide to keep their opinions private.

His record is what it is now, and there's enough data with which we can draw certain conclusions. Brian Kelly's record is largely at the mercy of the comparative levels of talent on the field and up in the other team's press box. All things being equal, Kelly's teams will win 4-7 games a season regardless of what he does, 2-3 games per season in spite of what he does, but rarely will they win a truly important game *because* of what he does.

I'm happy for Mr. Nelson. Seeing one's son go onto to be a multi-millionaire in his young twenties must be nice. Takes a lot of the sting out of paying through the nose to watch good players play consistently mediocre football.

What you described is human nature
by tf86  (2018-01-12 10:38:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With a sample size this large, it's only natural that you will find some players, and their families, who love Brian Kelly; some who hate him; and some who are ambivalent about him. I'm pretty sure you could make the same statement about Lou.

For those of us who were on the board back then, it's no secret how universally detested Ty Willingham was on this board at the time (perhaps even moreso than Kelly, although a comparison is largely irrelevant). At the same time, it was posted here on more than one occasion that when news broke that he had been fired, Justin Tuck was on a rampage inside his dorm. From that information, it's not unreasonable to conclude that Justin Tuck, one of the more successful ND football players of that era, liked, or perhaps even loved, Ty.

That, and Mr. St. Brown had great things to say about ND
by VaDblDmr  (2018-01-10 21:10:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

right before one son pulled the plug early on ND and the other said no to ND.
Mr. Nelson has every reason to be pleased with how his son has turned out at ND, which his letter reflects. I wouldn't take it for any more than that.

ESB had one more year
by Vairish84  (2018-01-11 10:30:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can understand his decision. QB will be a work in progress next year, in all likelihood. That would mean his two good years will be further in the rear view mirror through no fault of his own. Also to the extent Wimbush stays as starter and his inaccuracy continues, it would show that ESB has a relatively small catch radius for a big man. Plus, there were a couple of time Wimbush almost got ESB killed.

As for ARSB, his bestest high school buddy is going to USC to play QB. Even if he favored ND, and no sure thing he did, he believes that his friend will be an excellent QB and can trust him to throw a ball that he can catch, not get killed and make the NFL.

Unless Kelly is to blame for WImbush's mechanics, and I suppose he is in part, the St. BRown decisions are not a reflection on Kelly personally. The fact that ARSB was still considering us, to some degree, is probably a reflection that Dad thought it could be fixed.

That's beside my point though. I'm not disputing that either
by VaDblDmr  (2018-01-11 20:02:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or both of the St. Brown decisions are justified for the reasons you've given. I'm saying that their father's somewhat over-the-top praise of ND's program followed in short order by both of his sons' decisions (to leave early and not to go at all) is some evidence that what he said ought to be taken with at least a grain or two of salt.

Let's be clear
by RJD  (2018-01-10 21:39:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brothers going to different schools may or may not be a reflection of the head coach of the eldest brother.

On point, obvious most recent example (same position even) would be the Ridley Brothers at Alabama and Georgia.

In terms of the letter, both of you ignored the heart of it which was Kelly (channeling St. Paul the Apostle) admitting that he had been a blind fool to Mr. Nelson.

that's all well and good
by jt  (2018-01-10 22:08:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I am glad that Mr Nelson and his son felt/feel the way that they do. He was a treat to watch and I wish him nothing but the best.

That said, going at your excuse about brothers going elsewhere while that may be somewhat true I believe the brothers St Brown are on record as saying that the qb issue was the primary factor.

Not man bites dog but
by RJD  (2018-01-10 18:44:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dad bites Urban.

It is a nice heart felt letter from a father
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-01-10 18:14:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who clearly loves his son. In that context, I am glad I read it.

Having said that, I do not agree with a few of his points as I consider them to be meaningless pablum meant to justify the putrid record of a mediocre coach. Golly Gee, Kelly got up at 4am and went to player lifts and ate lunch with the lads...sometimes even dinner! Wowsers, what a changed man.

Unfortunately, he is still a shitty football coach with a full Rolodex of excuses that demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of Notre Dame and its historical significance in college football. No coats of paint, Adzillatrons, additional squat stations, sequestration of football players, plastic grass or well meaning letters is going to change that. Such is life.

"nice letter,now listen as I disqualify all of it"
by alleghenyirish  (2018-01-11 10:10:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"based on absolutely nothing, except my distaste of the current coach."

Yup,no doubt about my distaste for the current coach
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-01-11 10:55:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Say it loud...say it proud. Kelly is ill fitted for Notre Dame and does not deserve to sit in the chair of Head Football Coach for ND. Nothing this season has changed that.

As I said, it is a nice letter that shows a father's love for his son. The arguments surrounding Kelly's change ofheart and fit for ND as evidenced by early morning lift session attendance and dining location choices are meaningless and unconvincing. I also do not think Urban is the only one who does not want the ND coaching job and there is plenty of evidence to suggest Kelly is in the same boat but just has fewer options.

It can be both. If you choose to believe Nelson's father and are convinced Kelly is a fit given the argument he made I have no problem with it. I will stick with the 8 years of failure including his record against ranked competition, the countless embarrassments both on and off the field, and the litany of excuses coming the football office as my marker.

How to be condescending....
by BIGSKYND  (2018-01-10 18:59:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the guy just might genuinely (and validly) disagree with you but that necessarily means that he's spewing pablum. Give me a frigging break - and don't for one second pull out the Pavlovian "this is a Kelly Lover post".

I don’t find it condescending
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-01-10 19:38:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To call out arguments like waking up early and eating meals with players as feel good pablum when we have 8 years of evidence, including this years losses against any team worth a darn, as contradictory evidence, I am sure he would disagree with me and it would not bother me one ounce. His letter did not sway my opinion given what I have seen of Brian Kelly’s stewardship of the football program across his tenure and the seemingly endless whining and scroll of excuses that comes out of the head coaches office.

If that upsets you and you need a friggin break go take one.

You were doing okay until the end....
by BIGSKYND  (2018-01-11 09:48:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but you couldn't stop. Ultimately nobody can disagree with your views without being labelled. Get over it. Nobody - me, you, Nelson's Dad, you name them - is right all the time. If that upsets you and you need a friggin break go take one.

What exactly were you labeled?
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-01-11 10:48:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You seem to be the exact type of sensitive soul you rail against. You were also the one who brought in the theatrics and labels then get upset when you get called on it and have it played back to you.

I am not upset. My opinion hasn't changed. You can have whatever opinion you want and no one said otherwise but your argument was not persuasive to me.

I am sure you will want the last word on it. Take it. Maybe then you can get your well deserved friggin break.

I think you have to consider the Nelsons’ perspective.
by Bruno95  (2018-01-10 19:53:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Quenton found it meaningful, it was meaningful. Quenton Nelson would have been a great offensive lineman regardless of who coached him. He’d probably find a reason to buy in to any coach. But it sounds like he needed a little jumpstart after last season. If Kelly’s gestures helped get Nelson back and helped him push himself to improve, who are we to call it all meaningless?

I,do not disagree that it may have been
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-01-10 21:29:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meaningful to an individual like Nelson who was debating whether to jump to the NFL or stay at Notre Dame. But, the letter seemed to argue that it was meaningful as a sign that Kelly had transformed into a good coach and further argued it as evidence that Kelly is the right guy for Notre Dame because “who else can ND get?” I disagree with that argument.

Curious about the context for the Urban story.
by IrishJosh24  (2018-01-10 18:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why, and when, did Urban discuss coaching at ND with Nelson? That strikes me as some what odd.

Overall, a nice letter from someone with a close-up view of the program.

I still don't think Brian Kelly is right for the job.

probably why UM was silent when the Dabo story came out
by irishrock  (2018-01-11 10:39:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dabo negative recruited a kid using UM's age against him and we never heard from Meyer.

When he was recruiting him?
by HTownND  (2018-01-10 18:02:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's what I assumed.

Well, I have no idea how those conversations go.
by IrishJosh24  (2018-01-10 19:00:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it strikes me as a bit odd that the head coach of Ohio State would talk about why he would never coach at Notre Dame with a recruit considering those two schools, especially if that were the reason.

I don't know. Maybe it's not weird.

not weird at all. Negative recruiting part of the game *
by jt  (2018-01-10 19:05:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It doesn't seem very effective for that purpose.
by IrishJosh24  (2018-01-10 19:09:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Don't go there. My wife doesn't like it!"

Possible the Nelsons asked
by Inspectorclouseau  (2018-01-11 09:46:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if he'd leave for any other job(s).

More like "Don't go there. South Bend sucks"
by Queensman  (2018-01-10 19:20:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty common tactic, and often probably quite effective.

Right and probably introduced in a way that was engaging
by tdiddy07  (2018-01-11 10:55:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and conversational and friendly and did not appear to be negatively recruiting but just a coach speaking to his life experiences and the things his place has to offer. But the point he's trying to have the recruit leave with is that South Bend is a dump.

Confirmed what we already knew: Urban doesn't wear the pants
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-01-10 17:46:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in that marriage.

Only clothing he needs is those three rings *
by NavyJoe  (2018-01-10 20:42:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course he does not
by irishfred  (2018-01-10 20:26:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can tell that by the way she hoards the television screen at every post-game interview.

She absolutely does. It seems like the spotlight of Notre
by GoldenBlues  (2018-01-10 20:55:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dame would be something she would lust after from the way she practically pushes Urban out of the picture during those interviews.

Apparently, Columbus checks the boxes South Bend doesn’t. *
by GoldenBlues  (2018-01-10 19:03:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Better couches
by graNDfan  (2018-01-10 19:21:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More kindling

Replace the "u" with an "a," and you're onto something. *
by IrishJosh24  (2018-01-12 11:30:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, there was Shelley's "I'm a mountain girl" quote..
by BIGSKYND  (2018-01-10 19:00:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at Utah before she enthusiastically departed for all of those hills in Gainesville.

please correct to 'jorts' *
by cujaysfan  (2018-01-10 18:01:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's been true for decades
by Athlete37  (2018-01-10 17:55:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wife didn't want him to choose ND over Florida because of national recruiting involved.

Very nice letter.
by TWO  (2018-01-10 17:39:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

QNelson was an all-time great at ND, and it's nice to read that he and his family not only loved playing football at ND but they just loved ND.

Very interesting. *
by irishhawk49  (2018-01-10 17:37:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post