2 seems more likely...
by Kbyrnes (2018-01-10 17:34:02)
Edited on 2018-01-10 19:18:09

In reply to: Logically, which is more likely?  posted by El Kabong

...for several reasons.

1. 10 years as HC at ND loads a lot of stress on the occupant of that position; without rehashing the length of tenure for previous coaches, I just don't think you're going to see true long-term tenures in that position, unless we deflate to club status. The stress leads to burnout and genuine physical health issues, requiring resignation. Among some of the longer-tenured HCs, Leahy was worn out and done; Ara was worn out and done (though he reveived and pushed on in other directions); Lou tried to go on, but not for long; he was done, and then became a public speaker. I'd give resignation for mental and physical health reasons at least 75% probability in BK's case in the next 2 years.

2. The seemingly mysterious change of offensive direction starting with the 2nd half of Wake Forest and continuing with the weak results at Miami and Stanford. Was this due to BK falling off the wagon and taking over more of the offensive and/or schemes? I'd give this at least a 50% likelihood.

3. The PTB observed #2, above, and are headed in the direction of pulling the plug. I'd give this maybe 33% probability.

Your 1) doesn't make sense, as I'm sure you intended by posing this opposition; I suppose there might some third/fourth/etc. reasons, such as, a few assistants were presented with offers they couldn't refuse.

Replies: