Yup,no doubt about my distaste for the current coach
by KnightlyRevue (2018-01-11 10:55:41)

In reply to: "nice letter,now listen as I disqualify all of it"  posted by alleghenyirish

Say it loud...say it proud. Kelly is ill fitted for Notre Dame and does not deserve to sit in the chair of Head Football Coach for ND. Nothing this season has changed that.

As I said, it is a nice letter that shows a father's love for his son. The arguments surrounding Kelly's change ofheart and fit for ND as evidenced by early morning lift session attendance and dining location choices are meaningless and unconvincing. I also do not think Urban is the only one who does not want the ND coaching job and there is plenty of evidence to suggest Kelly is in the same boat but just has fewer options.

It can be both. If you choose to believe Nelson's father and are convinced Kelly is a fit given the argument he made I have no problem with it. I will stick with the 8 years of failure including his record against ranked competition, the countless embarrassments both on and off the field, and the litany of excuses coming the football office as my marker.