Jack, where are we on the 2012 "time to do it right" clock? *
by Brahms (2018-01-15 12:18:16)

This user did not provide content for this post

“It’s 10pm Brian. Do you know where your players are?” *
by Frank Drebin  (2018-01-15 17:01:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He admires our passion.
by irishintheville  (2018-01-15 12:46:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He just wishes the dialogue was more civil.

I'll echo El K
by HTownND  (2018-01-16 11:03:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is their dialogue?

To me this all feels very "get used to it" from the Notre Dame side.

Me: Our football team is not meeting expectations
ND: Well if you look at it this way, or this way, or this way, it's good
Me: I disagree
ND: well enough people think we're fine and are buying tickets, so thanks HTown, and good luck

I know this forum provides the cover of anonymity which can and has amped things up at times. Honestly, I don't see any dialogue about it at this point, and dialogue isn't going to change anything either. We're truly at an impasse, where talking isn't going to make either side see what the other side is thinking. We have 8 years of on field evidence. 1 year or 3 years isn't going to change much. Some subset of the fan base will think we're getting there, and some will think we aren't meeting expectations, and they will never find common ground at this point. Too much water under the bridge.

Personally, I think we're under performing. ND doesn't care what I think. Neither side is moving off of that position, no matter how much dialogue is or is not happening, this isn't something that's going to change with dialogue. I'm not going to magically think they are meeting expectations because of dialogue, and they aren't going to care about my opinion magically either. It is what it is at this point. Just have to ride out the storm.

"Your actions speak so loudly ...
by CJC  (2018-01-16 11:13:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... that I can't hear what you're saying."

Take Kelly's won-lost records through eight seasons, his final rankings, his national championship game appearance (including the outcome), his non-playoff appearances, his bowl wins and losses, the instances in which his ND teams lost to lower ranked teams and beat higher-ranked teams.

Take the off-field incidents, from cheating to arrests.

Take his treatment of players and staff.

Take the fact that Notre Dame is now advertising single-game football tickets in South Bend and Chicago.

And publish it. Maybe even in a newspaper ad, but make sure the graphics are very pretty so none of the NDN refugees will be offended.

And that is precisely what Swarbrick expects from the football program and what the people to whom he answers expect from him.

whenever someone starts talking about 'dialogue'
by cujaysfan  (2018-01-16 11:07:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's almost always cover for not taking action

How civil were these remarks? In the aftermath of the NC St
by cj  (2018-01-15 13:11:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

debacle and dropping to 2-4 kelly drew the following line in the sand.

"I'm just coaching. I'm being Brian Kelly. If people have a problem with that, then they're not going to be friends or fans of Notre Dame football..."

The suggestion that he is ND football is among the most arrogant and disingenuous things I've ever heard.

saucy pre season: "'12 brought us the time to do it right..."
We went 4-8.

What sally wants is to not be held accountable and to continue on his Don Quixote like AD experience at great expense. He's clueless and his record is abysmal. Any competent management team would have jettisoned him and his dopey fb HC long ago...

Being Brian Kelly ... good Lord, what an imperious tool. *
by Brahms  (2018-01-15 14:40:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That assumes there's a diologue happening *
by El Kabong  (2018-01-15 12:57:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have been down too long in the midnight sea.
by MistakenD  (2018-01-15 14:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reference: Dio - Holy Diver

He'll need some time to mull that over. (link)
by IrishRed  (2018-01-15 12:28:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's time for Sally to get out of Dodge. *
by SWPaDem  (2018-01-15 12:47:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post