I'll echo El K
by HTownND (2018-01-16 11:03:16)
Edited on 2018-01-16 11:05:57

In reply to: He admires our passion.  posted by irishintheville

Is their dialogue?

To me this all feels very "get used to it" from the Notre Dame side.

Me: Our football team is not meeting expectations
ND: Well if you look at it this way, or this way, or this way, it's good
Me: I disagree
ND: well enough people think we're fine and are buying tickets, so thanks HTown, and good luck

I know this forum provides the cover of anonymity which can and has amped things up at times. Honestly, I don't see any dialogue about it at this point, and dialogue isn't going to change anything either. We're truly at an impasse, where talking isn't going to make either side see what the other side is thinking. We have 8 years of on field evidence. 1 year or 3 years isn't going to change much. Some subset of the fan base will think we're getting there, and some will think we aren't meeting expectations, and they will never find common ground at this point. Too much water under the bridge.

Personally, I think we're under performing. ND doesn't care what I think. Neither side is moving off of that position, no matter how much dialogue is or is not happening, this isn't something that's going to change with dialogue. I'm not going to magically think they are meeting expectations because of dialogue, and they aren't going to care about my opinion magically either. It is what it is at this point. Just have to ride out the storm.

Replies: