Report: Alabama's new OC is not Chip Long. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2018-01-18 13:26:18)

Jack and Brian will cite this as proof...
by Brahms  (2018-01-18 21:33:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that they know what they're doing, in spite of all else

Poor Chip.
by captaineclectic  (2018-01-18 17:13:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He got robbed.

Locksley seems like a good choice, though. He is a little green, true. He’s known for making sure everyone gets their fair share of offensive reps, he’s great with keeping WBs on target, he’s adept at managing a staff, he keeps his men far away from the sheriff, he has a drinking buddy who’s a clergyman, and of course he’s a real straight shooter.

Took me a second. Well done. *
by Otter  (2018-01-19 10:10:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would like it if more people got me
by captaineclectic  (2018-01-19 13:06:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I sure would.

I got this one.
by BottleofRed  (2018-01-19 17:08:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was a little surprised by the reference, but I got it.

How on Earth could anyone be surprised? *
by captaineclectic  (2018-01-19 21:44:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Surprise is the wrong word. It made me chuckle.
by BottleofRed  (2018-01-19 22:56:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My sisters and I loved that silly movie. Rock's House is not where I would expect it pop up.

You clearly don't read enough CE posts.
by SwolyswoND  (2018-01-20 11:02:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This reference is straight-up mainstream. Wait until he gets back on his train of obscure references from Final Fantasy V.

What was that -- Excalipoor? *
by captaineclectic  (2018-01-20 16:21:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But ND's Allen Greene is new Auburn AD. (link)
by TUSCIRISH  (2018-01-18 15:57:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UB is the springboard.
by timber  (2018-01-18 20:09:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Danny White, Greene and Bobby Hurley have moved on nicely after brief stints.

And Turner Gill, but that one didn't work out as well *
by tf86  (2018-01-22 11:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is this someone we should keep an eye on?
by supernd  (2018-01-18 17:03:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I honestly don't remember his baseball career at ND.

Didn't Locksley decimate the UNM football program? *
by IrishArab  (2018-01-18 15:32:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Destroyed the UNM program
by Southwestirish  (2018-01-18 20:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alabama will be destroyed as well if he becomes the coordinator

Are we surprised that he takes money from rich boosters to
by MistakenD  (2018-01-18 16:55:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

give to poor kids?

It is in his blood.

Also reeled in unprecedented recruiting classes at Illinois
by LateNiteNaugles  (2018-01-18 16:28:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When he was there as Offensive Coordinator. "Unprecedented" (wink...wink). Remember Arrelious Benn & Co. suddenly and unexpectedly heading to Illinois to jump into Ron Zook's dumpster fire?

I suspect he's swimming in comfortably familiar waters as a recruiter in the SEC.

And was the money man from Matryland that pushed Victor...
by supernd  (2018-01-18 16:53:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Abriamiri to Notre Dame. The guy is a dirtbag.

yes in a very odd way....
by abqgant  (2018-01-18 16:20:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he actually recruited very well even enticing a 4 star lineman to UNM who was considering Georgia, Miami and some other SEC schools.

He just couldn't manage his team...no discipline. Somewhat volatile he punched an assistant coach and was suspended for 10 days.

He's probably an excellent assistant coach. Too thin skinned to be the head man.

Wasn't he also the coach who got in trouble for
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-01-18 16:33:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

giving a recruit a Playstation at Maryland while acting as recruiting coordinator under Vanderlinen and then Friedgen? I believe it was part of the reason Victor Abiamiri chose Notre Dame. I believe there was also some funny business during his time at Illinois as OC surrounding Arrelious Benn and a LB from Chicago (Martez Wilson -- He would later get stabbed at Illinois) with payments to their families.

Shady stuff always seems to follow Mr. Locksley. I do not know much about his football acumen or coaching prowess but he does seem to get quite a few jobs.

He was also sued for sexual harassment at UNM
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-01-18 17:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The guy is a dirtbag to the nth degree.
A pimp.

He should have been banned from college coaching by the NCAA long ago.

Not a shock he ended up at Alabama.

funny encounter (to me anyway) with Locksley
by abqgant  (2018-01-18 19:32:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It came during his 10 day suspension. A Saturday during the season around noon I stopped at the supermarket. I had been listening to the UNM pregame radio program.

As I walked into the store the first person I see is Locksley (a very big guy) pushing a shopping cart. His team is on the field warming up and he's at the supermarket.

I burst out laughing. He heard me and looked my way. I gave a little wave and moved on.

Its surprising an upright program like Alabama....
by supernd  (2018-01-18 16:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would hire guys like Mike Locksley and Tosh Lupoi

Hugh Freeze is alledgedly next. *
by hibernianangst  (2018-01-18 18:23:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are they freaking daring the NCAA to watch them closer? *
by supernd  (2018-01-18 20:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that would go a little something like this:
by DomerJon  (2018-01-19 08:56:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NCAA: anything to see here?
Bama: nothing to see here.
Bama: more moonshine?
NCAA: of course, did you need to ask. Nothing to see here!

Is there any credible report that Long was even contacted? *
by ACross  (2018-01-18 14:24:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His agent's air biscuit doesn't count? *
by JHND  (2018-01-18 15:13:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post