Jack is “featured” at the ND Law alumni thing in DC April 26
by 1NDGal (2018-03-07 07:44:07)

Along with Nell Jessup, the Dean.

I would be tempted to be my friend’s +1, but surely he won’t be taking questions, right?

I would think he would be booed.
by MistakenD  (2018-03-07 14:40:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suppose they serve alcohol at these events. Yikes.

"Oh no, don't kick me out of the ND Law alumni thing."

I think I'm going - what should I ask him? *
by Russiandomer  (2018-03-07 09:45:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From 88 to 93, ND was 5-1 in New Year''s bowl games,
by domer4  (2018-03-08 21:59:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

against teams that came into the game with a combined 64-3 record (or thereabouts).

When we will see EVEN ONE YEAR of that under BK?

Ask when is he leaving *
by Shields  (2018-03-08 00:05:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What are the policies at ND for handling allegations of
by RedIrish  (2018-03-07 18:29:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sexual misconduct against employees and athletes and how are they different from those at USA Swimming and Gymnastics?

Are any of the BS policies at USAG currently in place at Nd?
by DakotaDomer  (2018-03-07 18:19:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have they ever been in place at ND?

I'd just ask, "Are you f**king kidding me?" *
by milhouse  (2018-03-07 16:06:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who his mentors have been in evaluating coaching hires?
by tdiddy07  (2018-03-07 15:52:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm genuinely interested to know his answer to that given his complete lack of experience. I'd expect that the answer would be egocentric. And if you start off with "Given your prior experience as counsel at Baker Daniels" it will make him sweat for a moment to think you're asking him about icky stuff.

Also, how he goes about setting expectations for hiring in different sports. Women's soccer coach felt pressure to leave after consistent tournament appearances and a .676 winning percentage, whereas Kelly has received vocal support with a .667 winning percentage--I mean a .585 winning percentage and no playoff or championship game appearances.

He has one championship game appearance.
by 01momanor  (2018-03-07 16:49:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it only counts because he lost.

Are we allowed to advertise that?
by Tdiddy07  (2018-03-07 19:16:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since it was based on vacated wins? I assume when a championship is vacated, a school can’t list a tournament appearance.

What does he think of Ray Charles' classic tune?
by drmurray  (2018-03-07 15:46:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ask him if he's ever heard of Notre Dame Trump *
by golfjunkie17  (2018-03-07 15:35:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't ask, tell. Then listen to him rebut. *
by The Flash  (2018-03-07 12:58:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shag Marry Kill: Brian Kelly, Steve Penny, Mike Elko *
by 1NDGal  (2018-03-07 11:38:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ask him for advice in hiring a lawyer.
by Bruno95  (2018-03-07 10:38:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tell him you're starting a non-profit. Don't tip your hand just yet ("I think some of our people will be diddlers.") Just say "non-profit" and leave it at that.

Tell him you don't anticipate having enough money to hire a full-time in-house lawyer. The good ones would demand mid-six figure salaries. But you'd be willing to work with a good middle-market firm. No need for a big city firm -- Scranton or Indianapolis-type markets will suffice.

What's a good budget for this work? If you spent $120,000/year on a regional player like that, could you get a de facto chief lawyer on hand? The type that could come in, discuss sensitive issues, train the business people on how to handle critical legal matters? What if you had an existential threat to the organization? For example, if you run a big sports league, and the players were having trouble focusing on sports, on account of being constantly molested -- would the lawyer help with that? Maybe write a policy, revise a policy, help you take internal action, help you report matters to the police, revoke certifications, etc.?

Or would $120k, even at the regional level, just get you a few contract reviews a year? If he's not sure, tell him you have your assumptions wrong. You were going on 1998 dollars. He can assume $180,000 today.

You are a national treasure. *
by Russiandomer  (2018-03-07 11:17:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Be drunk and combative while demanding answers. *
by goldhelmethead  (2018-03-07 10:20:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"In 4 months you will celebrate your 10th year anniversary
by cj  (2018-03-07 10:48:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at ND.
(Start clapping everyone will join in,,,maybe an ovation. He'll be smiling.)

"In that time Notre Dame has won 4 national championships. (2 soccer, 2 fencing...more applause). In the 7 years prior to your arrival we won 4 National titles. Why the slow down?" "Oh, and during that time frame Stanford has won 18..."

Do you want to be asked to leave?
by NDBass  (2018-03-07 10:03:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If so, you can ask a question on any of the following topics:

- His involvement with USA gymnastics and the policies regarding sexual harassment
- When will ND update their records to account for the vacated wins?
- Where does he buy his eyewear?

And ask him to define "unremarkable". *
by ArasEra  (2018-03-07 15:44:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Un-freaking-believable *
by YinzKeenanVisor  (2018-03-07 08:59:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will not answer questions.
by irishintheville  (2018-03-07 08:39:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everything is privileged with Jack. It will be a privilege for you to hear him speak. But if you do ask him a question, he wants it to be civil.

Your country is counting on you! *
by SWPaDem  (2018-03-07 08:08:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post