2nd Round
- Mike McGlinchey

3rd Round
- Equanimeous St. Brown
- Durham Smythe

Not on the board:
- Joshn Adams
- Nyles Morgan

Adams and Morgan may eventually end up on the board (the writer says players will continue to be added), so we'll have to see where they land.

I'm surprised to see St. Brown and Smythe projected as 3rd-round players...I figured both would go much later (and it wouldn't stun me if Smythe doesn't get drafted at all).

I run a draft board each year with the guys that go to Vegas
by MistakenD  (2018-03-09 14:15:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guessing a guy's draft stock is comically inexact a lot of the time.

Some may recall that I do a live Fantasy Football draft in Vegas every August. I would hope some recall that. I went from "2 posters highlighted you" to 7 on the day I described our league.

(7th and 8th place have to stay at the El Cortez this year, by the way.)

I digress. Basically, the game is as follows: each coach is responsible for filling the following roster with people that are projected to get drafted:

QB/RB
QB/RB
WR
WR/TE
OL
OL
DL
DL
LB
LB
CB/S
CB/S

There are 8 teams. Those slash positions are equivalent to a "Flex" in regular fantasy football.

We snake draft. Each drafted pick gets the points based on where he is drafted. Example: the number one overall pick is one point. The 55th overall pick is 55 points.

The coach with the lowest points and a completely filled out roster...wins. Each year, the winner has been decided by early 4th round at the latest. This is a fun game that has produced legends of tumbling draft stock like La'el Collins, Bryce Petty and Laremy Tunsil.

Why do I bring this up? Well, one reason is to brag because I came up with this sweet fantasy football-draft hybrid. Also, every year in the past seven years of doing this, at least one of the eight coaches, has failed to fill out his team completely.

There are numerous draft experts out there and ten times more mock drafts to choose from. The truth, which we all know, is that these draft experts may have knowledge on some picks from most teams, but when deals are made and the draft picks start flying, it is the Wild West. Any player projected to a specific round past the 2nd round is just a guy's opinion. And, those opinions tend to slant toward bigger name colleges.

It is like being good at chess with no shot clock but being mediocre to below average with a shot clock.

I saw EQ as 3-4 Round a few weeks ago, and then he
by 1NDGal  (2018-03-09 13:08:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

did the 4.48 and 20 reps.

Smythe had a good Combine and a great Senior Bowl or whatever that was.

The Josh situation breaks my heart.

I think Josh will be penalized for his OL.
by PWK2  (2018-03-09 13:41:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And probably rightly so. He had some steamrollers in front of him. Also, he had a big standard deviation in his runs: a lot of short ones and a lot of long ones. I think the NFL would prefer a consistent 5 yards per carry.

And by his "OL" you actually mean his play calling Coach
by Buckyd9  (2018-03-09 16:16:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Adams is probably evaluated by his inability to stay healthy than anything else. In the early part of the season (except the Georgia game) he was a monster. He was running with passion, hitting holes hard and breaking long runs. Then the Wake Forest game happened, and the entire playbook that included running counters and misdirection got thrown in the trashcan.

That's about the time we saw the end of the "33 Trucking" promotion and maybe some scouts and analysts took notice. Just my opinion, though