This is a sane post.
by austindomer (2018-03-09 13:26:36)
Edited on 2018-03-09 13:38:56

In reply to: As much as people want to crush him over this,  posted by Vairish84

Thank you.

The reality is that no one on this board knows what JS knows. We can make inferences based on the publicly available knowledge, but without the facts it's just pure speculation.

If it becomes clear that he was cognizant of the abuse and did nothing, THEN we can talk about how his presence in the Notre Dame administration is a stain that will last a generation. Like Vairish, I suspect the BOT has been asking Swarbrick some very probing questions and are perhaps already laying the groundwork for another AD in case his answers aren't good enough. No one at ND wants the fallout of this scandal to reach South Bend; if there's even a hint of impropriety, Swarbrick is out.

We'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Reading through the remaining replies, I can see I missed something. If Swarbrick did indeed help write the sexual harassment policy for USAG, then this scandal, even if he was unaware of Nassar's actions, reflects very poorly on him professionally and could be used as grounds to terminate him. Again, that's ND's call and we just have to wait.

Replies: