Deshone Kizer to the Packers
by Big green f (2018-03-09 18:54:56)

Hopefully a chance for a fresh start. Couldn't be any worse than Cleveland

It is about time for ND on GB roster
by IrishG  (2018-03-10 20:39:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2012 Ryan Grant, 2007 Carlyle Holiday.

Aaron Taylor & Paul Hornung would like a word with you. *
by Paddy O'Furniture  (2018-03-14 15:18:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't Kizer playing with house money somewhat
by irishrock  (2018-03-10 10:15:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was not the most credentialed QB coming out of high school

He made his rep off 2015 and an injury or else he might not have seen the field

His 2016 campaign was lousy. (I'd blame coaching)

He had to play for Brian Kelly...worst part of all for the guy

He was a 2nd round pick (at the beginning of the draft process Mayock had him as the first QB taken...which didn't happen) likely based on potential and his size...not his production in college or his output

I could make a pretty solid argument that the guy is overachieving and has done better than expected he would have coming out of high school. Getting drafted by Cleveland was the worst thing that could have happened to him. I still wish Pittsburgh would have taken him. Going to Green Bay? I hope he does well and can get the #2 spot. I'd hate to see him be a journeyman his whole career like BQ.

Supposedly, the Packers were very interested in drafting him
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-03-10 15:14:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

last year. They have a new QB coach this year who has two QBs with accuracy issues to work with (Hundley and Kizer).

I thought the Packers might go after Ryan Fitzpatrick but he is staying in Tampa Bay.

I also wanted Pittsburgh to draft him. *
by Steel_City_Irish  (2018-03-10 10:25:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me too, or trade for him *
by TerryD  (2018-03-10 11:16:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me too. Huge mistake. 3 years behind Big Ben and he would
by btd  (2018-03-10 22:42:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have been a very good replacement IMO. The kid is a franchise QB in the future if a coach can round out the holes Kelly left/created. That can easily happen if he is behind a franchise QB versus starting and learning on the fly on a shit team like last year.

He has similar size to Ben and he moves in the pocket in a similar way -- along with shaking off the first guy to hit him often.

Wisconsin land where moon landings are fake but WWF real
by Frank Drebin  (2018-03-10 10:03:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deshone will bring a new true reality check to the place that everyone can believe in. Deshone will do great there. Wishing him the best!

What do you have against the World Wildlife Fund? *
by TAR  (2018-03-10 16:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just don’t like how Vince McMahon is treating the animals *
by Frank Drebin  (2018-03-10 17:06:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good move for Cleveland, Green Bay and Kizer
by Raoul  (2018-03-10 09:12:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cleveland now has Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon. Now they don't need a QB in the 1st round (and certainly don't need to take Darnold at #1 - let someone else make that mistake).

Green Bay gets a nice #3 QB to develop. Hundley they now no never can be a #1 IMO. Nice solid QB at #2 though. But Kizer could, with develpment, become a true #1.

Kizer - gets to learn and get paid while playing for a good team in a good culture.

Yep. It’s like he won the lottery. Very happy for him *
by sprack  (2018-03-10 14:20:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Cleveland is smart
by JayInTx  (2018-03-10 10:40:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they should take Barkley first overall as I doubt he’s still there at #4. Then they have options to pick their guy or trade down at 4. If I were to guess, I think they pick Josh Allen at 4, but if they like Rosen or Mayfield more, they should trade down.

Tyrod Taylor with Landry, Gordon, Njoku, Barkley, and Duke Johnson while grooming your franchise QB would be a great start for them.

I still think they'll take a QB at 1
by Groundhog  (2018-03-12 23:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless you think the four main guys (Allen, Darnold,Mayfield, Rosen) are interchangeable, the one they want isn't likely to be available when they pick again at 4.

I agree. This is a good plan
by Raoul  (2018-03-10 11:28:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially if want to win 10+ games in next 4 years. I know, sounds crazy but very possible.

If they take Barkley and then an OL at 4 (Quenton Nelson!) and then go heavy D the rest of the way they will have tons of building blocks.

Maybe pick up a QB in 3rd, and keep the best of Kessler or Hogan to round out QB (maybe one can go on Development squad for a year).

It's a QB league/game
by irishrock  (2018-03-10 12:54:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you think ( and I don't see the "chosen one" this year) you can get a 10 year QB starter...you take him.

Just my two cents after watching Tom Brady make millionaires of coaches/GM's who hung around him and the Patriots the last 15 years.

If I were the Browns, I'd seriously consider taking Barkley at #1 and Nelson at #4. Heavily consider it.

And better weather, too!
by dbldomer7375  (2018-03-10 10:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cleveland was always dreary in the winter.

CLE could be
by widespread irish  (2018-03-10 10:11:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trading their #1 or #4 pick, but they are still drafting a QB. I don't believe they feel Taylor is a long term solution.

Agreed that it is good for all parties, especially Kizer, but they are still taking a QB in the first round.

Welcome to Titletown! *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-03-09 23:50:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pete Sampson gloating about it on Twitter.
by Otter  (2018-03-09 23:09:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly was right when he said Kizer wasn’t ready for the NFL. What a jackass. Licks Kelly’s boots whenever possible.

It’s far better for Kizer
by Ccndbound  (2018-03-11 10:38:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To develop and learn with the Packerswhile cashing a check, as opposed to regressing under Kelly and being benched because of said regression.

Sampson is an idiot.

He licks a lot higher than the boots. *
by John88  (2018-03-10 14:58:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those are actually David Shaw’s boots
by captaineclectic  (2018-03-12 13:28:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They’re just located in an unusual place.

Kizer wasn't ready for the NFL
by JClarke  (2018-03-10 14:08:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but another year with Kelly would have made it even worse.

List of QBs who Kelly has helped prepare for the NFL
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-03-10 14:28:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Audio only.

Finally, something he and Saban have in common *
by Irish Warrior  (2018-03-12 12:34:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just eight years of bad luck you internet meanie. *
by Saxattack29  (2018-03-10 23:57:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe somebody should ask Sampson ...
by CJC  (2018-03-10 12:38:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What quarterback who has played for Kelly has ever been remotely ready for the NFL?

Fucking asshole.

It's a 40 year decision.
by RallyingSon  (2018-03-10 12:11:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND beat writers and their fanboy followers will exult over your failings for 40 years after you leave ND.

He’s an ND Law alum, by marriage
by golfjunkie17  (2018-03-10 12:03:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His allegiance is to the program, not the University. Once they leave ND, they longer serve him any purpose.

Kizer received a $1,738,844 signing bonus. And is guaranteed
by Father Nieuwland  (2018-03-10 11:46:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

$2,893,772 In his current contract.

Why should he have played for free in 2017?

If he has the skills to be an NFL quarterback, they will be developed better by NFL coaches than by ND coaches.

No one is blaming Kizer for leaving.
by celtic745  (2018-03-10 13:00:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it's clear he wasn't quite ready, and Kelly was right. I always got the sense that Kizer was a good kid and I'm rooting hard for him to succeed. Seems like a much better situation to be in in GB.

The only thing clear is that he played for the Browns. *
by Papa November  (2018-03-11 14:23:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right about what?
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-10 16:21:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He said that Kizer should have stayed. Sounds exactly like he was blaming him for leaving.

Georgia Hog
by Georgia Hog  (2018-03-10 13:09:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wasn't going to get more ready playing another season for Kelly and likely would have further regressed, or worse gotten hurt.

Otter *
by Otter  (2018-03-10 18:25:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hodor. Hodor? Hodor! *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2018-03-12 10:07:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly was right only due to not having a clue how to develop
by dfw  (2018-03-10 13:06:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a QB. That is, no QB has been ready under Kelly's development. So saying Kizer wasn't ready was a truism. He should have continued the statement to say "and I have no idea how to get him ready, so he is better off in the NFL."

Kelly would have completely ready to play
by jt  (2018-03-12 00:48:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Kizer would have become an ace at running qb iso, qb power, and qb counter.

by Moff  (2018-03-10 13:07:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How did that work out? *
by fasted68  (2018-03-10 15:54:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More White Ropes of Knowledge™ *
by El Kabong  (2018-03-10 10:14:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well posted.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-03-11 10:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NDN should present a genius poster award.

Kizer wasn't ready to play for Kelly. No QB is. *
by 88_92WSND  (2018-03-10 09:20:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nobody is ready to play for the Browns. *
by ndmba98  (2018-03-10 08:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of course he is. Typical recruitnik dork *
by jt  (2018-03-10 01:46:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Moff  (2018-03-10 11:13:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the guys that we're recruiting are so much better than the
by jt  (2018-03-11 09:48:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

guys we already have on campus! Until they get to campus, of course, and then the guys we're recruiting at that point will be better than them.

Such is the life of the recruitnik; it will always be better if we can just get the players with the best highlight tapes.

Outhouse to Penthouse
by RJD  (2018-03-09 20:53:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in terms of football and QB heaven.

It's 100% better than being on the Browns
by DCDave  (2018-03-10 06:10:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whether Kizer was 'awful' or not (a lot of times he was) doesn't change that fact. And I'm a fan of Jackson's. The rest of the lot wasn't worth shit. Now hopefully he will get to learn behind one of the greatest QB's in NFL history and in a few years when he's ready he will be much better for it. There wasn't a worse situation for a QB to play in than last year's Brown's team. The bonus is that he doesn't have to play for Browns/OSU type of fans anymore

The point is inarguable. And the Packers seem sincere in
by 1NDGal  (2018-03-10 08:42:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

appreciating his potential.

Another year in Cleveland and he might never have played again.

If Brady Quinn had gotten out of there after his first year, his life could have been very different. A year in Denver with Football Jesus still playing in college, he could have done something.

Really?
by Bluengold07  (2018-03-09 22:59:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How many playoff games did Green Bay win this year?

There's a reason why the Browns moved him.

Comparing Browns to Packers?
by jbrown_9999  (2018-03-11 14:20:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just because Packers had an off year (7-9) due to their hall of fame QB being injured, does not diminish the fact that the Packers are a much better run franchise as determined by win loss records.

Packers had only their fifth losing record since 1989. Browns have had 28 losing records during the same time period.

Yes, I would say that Kiser went from the outhouse to the penthouse.

For the record, I am a Colts and Bears fan.

Why did the Packer’s futility post-Rodgers compel the Browns
by CaptainIrish  (2018-03-10 00:32:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to trade Kizer?

Because he would throw the ball behind receivers
by Bluengold07  (2018-03-10 00:49:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look - Personally, I really like Kizer. But he was just awful. He was was put in an awful situation, but nevertheless he was awful.

You know what? The next guy the Browns draft will suck too.
by cujays96  (2018-03-13 09:05:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don't win 1 game in two years by mistake.

Yet the Packers wanted him. *
by MistakenD  (2018-03-10 09:07:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How many games did AR miss? *
by fontoknow  (2018-03-09 23:12:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good for him-I hope *
by ND_Navy  (2018-03-09 19:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lucky him *
by Voisman  (2018-03-09 18:58:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post