Is Marianne Corr employed by another entity than ND?
by ndroman21 (2018-03-10 10:37:11)
Edited on 2018-03-10 10:55:06

In reply to: Well, maybe we should ask Marianne Corr  posted by HTownND

I would thin that a General Counsel ,employed by an organization (and running a legal department within an organization like Corr does), has a different role than an outside general counsel who is employed by a law firm with an organization as a client, no matter the Title. Titles often mean different things within different organizations.

I'm not attempting to minimize anything. I'm asking questions that I don't know the answer to, but which many here, including you, are making important assumptions about.

Was Swarbrick serving other clients as well as USAG while he was serving as their General Counsel, or was that his sole endeavor for that time?

If not, how many hours did he bill to USAG during his time as their General counsel? How does that number compare to the time he billed to other clients?

Who did he report to and how often? How was the organization structured, for that matter?

Frankly, I think it quite unlikely that JS was as involved in USAG as Marianne Corr is at ND. If he was, he wouldn't have been employed by Baker and Daniels.

That doesn't mean that I'm convinced he doesn't hold some responsibility for what occurred, but I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about his role without getting the answers.

As far as online bio descriptions and recommendations, well, I'd hardly hold them as a smoking gun. They are mostly fluff.

Why would ND put it on his bio? To establish his experience in the sports world.

As far as the recommendation, I don't see much relating to USAG, there. It seems to tout JS's role in advancing sports in Indianapolis more than anything he did for USAG ,no?

Replies: