Maybe, but I think they are getting better. Softball has
by Domerduck (2018-03-19 15:58:23)

In reply to: Hyperbole much? Softball is average.  posted by hibernianangst

been dominated by the PAC12 over the years (23 champs, 82 WCWS) until the recent rise of the SEC (3 champs, 40 WCWS) in the past 15 years. Oklahoma (4 champs, 15 WCWS) and Michigan (1 champ, 13 WCWS) have been the other two party crashers standing mostly alone from their conferences. The only ACC school to ever get into the World Series has been Florida State and the Big East had only 3 reps in their existence, with Va Tech getting their only appearance in 2008, the only other current ACC school to have ever got in.

Gumpf has always had her team winning, but has always been in a weak softball conference. I believe this year they may finally get over the hump. Sweeping a strong Louisville team was not luck and I watched every game. Let's give them a chance before putting her on the firing block because she hasn't been able to do what no other ACC team other than FSU has ever done, Last year at the end pf the season i did my post conference compare on Jake's Field and I did write after pointing out FSU made the super regionals: "Of course ND has never done that in 23 times. They need to play better in the tourney (along with Louisville) to raise the ACC's profile in softball."

After watching several games I am hoping this will be the year.