Anyone willing to admit they plan on attending the scripted
by zahmb (2018-04-18 16:33:08)

scrimmage this Saturday? I will be watching it from the comfort of my home and hoping to see some good individual effort by the skill position players.

I may go next year. When I'm living in Granger. *
by John88  (2018-04-19 13:32:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've lived in Granger for almost 11 years
by pmoose  (2018-04-20 09:25:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This'll be 0-fer-11 for me.

I keep waiting for good weather AND my schedule to be open for the game. Mostly it has been the weather that has kept me away.

I used to stop by when I took a spring trip for ND baseball
by cbo86  (2018-04-19 11:52:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

weekend series. I haven't gone in 3 years and won't until Kelly and Aoki are gone.

Kelly AND Aoki both have to be gone?
by ndzippy  (2018-04-19 15:43:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You may never make it back to campus...

Im sure Kelly will blame the players for the loss *
by DBCooper  (2018-04-19 09:27:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure the defensive performance will be outstanding
by jt  (2018-04-19 12:32:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thankfully those guys didn't have to spend a month on install so the SDE would know where to line up and so I anticipate those guys flying around to the ball, making plays all over the field.

and perfect two-hand touch technique *
by 84david  (2018-04-19 12:40:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's his dress rehearsal, too *
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-04-19 10:47:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

4/16/16 post BG kelly, "I think that this defense is going
by cj  (2018-04-19 11:45:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to play the kind of defense necessary for us to get into that playoff hunt again and there are good enough players out there for us to do that once again." Ooops...

He also offered up this gem....

"I think what stood out for me, other than we gave the game ball to Tyler Newsome, our punter, who punted the heck out of the football today. I guess that's a good thing in the spring game; your punter won the MVP of the game. That says a lot about a spring game."

Yeah, it says your offense can't move the ball....

http://www.asapsports.com/show_conference.php?id=118744

We'll look a lot better in the fall when the other team
by Moff  (2018-04-19 11:46:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doesn't know our playbook and signals. Really wasn't fair to the Gold team to have to enter through that narrow tunnel.

Have some fun with this....
by cj  (2018-04-19 11:50:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here is kelly in a nutshell... from the same PC

"Q. You talk about getting an identity -- do you have an idea what you expect the identity to be on the offense?

COACH KELLY: Yeah, you know, little things happened along the way. And it's a pretty sound group. They are not a group that gets too far outside of the blueprint, if you will. In other words, we ask them to do things and they do them. They are not wanderers. They kind of stay where we point them. They are hunting dogs.

We probably would like a little bit more personality in some senses, but we tell them where to go and they go. The only thing is, we've got to tell them where to go, every day. And so we've got to continue to work on that element with this group.

But if you tell them what you want, and you demand it, you're going to get it from this group."

He is just plain dumb.

The Nigel Tufnel of college football. *
by Moff  (2018-04-19 13:36:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Don't say UFO." (link)
by cj  (2018-04-19 13:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We used to go every year. A few days in Chi with my D2, now
by fasted68  (2018-04-19 09:24:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

44, and her family; a day on campus; visit the Grotto; and watch some practice.

Even with the expense of coming from Houston, we always enjoyed it if the weather was good. Charlies first B&G game was the worst weather wise.

We are now boycotting until Kelly is gone.

Heading to Chicago on Friday, could detour on Saturday but
by ThreeD  (2018-04-19 08:52:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's not 1988, or even 1998, anymore. I have no desire to invest time, resources, or energy into a mismanaged program led by a pompous jackass with zero appreciation, substandard competence, and underwhelmingly minimal humility for the position or responsibilities he holds. D

I went to one spring game as a freshman at ND.
by 84david  (2018-04-19 08:47:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were bored and left by the end of the first
quarter to go drinking. I cant believe they are any better now.

I wouldnt spend money to go see ND
vs ball st or vandy, I certainly wouldnt
spend a dime to see practice.

If I lived within 100 miles I would
by shea  (2018-04-19 07:40:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the weather's good, it's a nice and inexpensive day out.

I'll be there. Flying up from Phoenix tomorrow.
by LastDon  (2018-04-19 04:26:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Made it to the finals of an MBA case competition to be held at Mendoza on Friday, and football tickets for Saturday are part of the deal.

Even when I was back in Detroit though, a trip down to South Bend for the spring game was always fun. It's a chance to have a few beers and watch some football while the season is still a few months away. I enjoy it. If this is an admission of guilt or whatever, then so be it.

McCloskey? Good luck regardless, and that's a good one! *
by Irish2003  (2018-04-19 05:09:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. It's the Tech Innovation Challenge. Smaller deal. *
by LastDon  (2018-04-19 11:14:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice, good luck!
by Irish2003  (2018-04-19 13:25:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am in the early-stage tech space myself, and would be glad to connect offline if I can ever help!

I will be at Alumni Conf so will be
by Torontoparent  (2018-04-18 23:30:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There. Your responses are way too negative. Recruits can read this. Go Irish

Hey recruits, your potential coach has never won a major
by Moff  (2018-04-19 13:45:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bowl game.

Heading up as well. I know members of the Fort Lauderdale
by irishcane (click here to email the poster)  (2018-04-19 11:41:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

club are hosting a tailgate for the alumni clubs and all are welcome. Feel free to stop by for some food and drink. Should be in the stadium lot. Email for details.

For
by 01momanor  (2018-04-19 11:01:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fuck's sake.

NDN: Dragging down NDFB for decades
by Chuck84  (2018-04-19 09:39:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go Irish

I hope recruits read this. They should be informed.
by tar  (2018-04-19 07:22:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before making a meaningful decision about their future.

I have never understood the allure. It is practice, many....
by Rocksteady74  (2018-04-18 22:54:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... months before the season. I didn't attend as a student and I won't pay attention now.

It was for those who could only dream of having access
by Moff  (2018-04-19 09:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to regular reason tickets. Now they can buy their own section if want to

I like to sit up high.
by SWPaDem  (2018-04-19 13:14:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I prefer having no one in my field of view below.

But what if you could get a free ND home jersey &
by abqgant  (2018-04-18 23:53:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

an autographed picture of Brian Kelly for showing up?

Never been, never will
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-04-18 22:07:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They could exhume and hire George Halas and still wouldn’t go.

Michigan though is tempting, not because of Kelly-led ND, but because of my hatred for Michigan.

Fuck Michigan.

What's the weather forecast?
by Jvan  (2018-04-18 20:59:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it's better than San Diego, I might consider it.

Not as good as SD, but not as bad as it's been
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-04-19 10:51:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cloudy, high 50s, rain not expected.

100% chance of raining footballs.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2018-04-18 22:10:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly can’t wait to start showing everyone he’s back.

Stay where you are. *
by zahmb  (2018-04-18 21:30:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dang. This weekend? No, starting year 3 of total abstinence
by Irish72  (2018-04-18 20:44:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from going to or watching until the unremarkable 3 are gone.

Didn't even realize it was this Saturday so I skipped it ...
by Barney68  (2018-04-18 20:16:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by accident. Kelly's appearance at the ND Club of Maryland, however, I'm skipping on purpose.

To everything there is a season, and all that.

Even at A&M with Jimbo and a new hope on the
by TWO  (2018-04-18 16:55:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

horizon for the Aggies, they tried to pump up the event, brought back Johnny Football for a flag game at halftime and all that stuff...still only about half full stadium.

Texas not likely to hit 40K, even in the good ole days with VY and crew the attendance was not a big number.

Neb and Ohio State always sellout their spring games though it seems.