Worst Down in Front Experience
by ndalum88 (2018-10-15 15:47:05)
Edited on 2018-10-15 15:48:13

With the change to the "lottery" format over the past two years, I've bought all home games and to keep the total price tag down have gone with upper end zone. Truth is, I always think higher is better so you get the "birdseye view". For Michigan and FSU this year I'm in the absolute last row, which I love - great view of campus during breaks and I can stand as much as I want, including on the bench to get an even better view. From now on, I'll go for the last row at EVERY opportunity. On Saturday, there were two guys sitting behind us that got freebies. They were pretty loud all game and not in a good way. The content was almost as bad as "If they kick a field goal here it's three points" (said in a "gee this is insightful" tone). Fast forward to Pitt's last possession. An undefeated record and a potential playoff spot on the line, the 'tron is blinking "ON YOUR FEET" and people are trying to make it as hard on the Pitt offense as possible - kind of your job if you have a ticket. At this point, one of the two guys behind me, bundled up in a blanket in the midst of a perfect, sunny October day in South Bend, taps me on the back and says "You know, I'd like to see the game too". The most polite thing I could think of was "then watching it on TV is probably a better option for both you and the team. Do that next time." Sad thing is I got the vibe that most of the section (101 - mostly faculty/staff) thought that I was, in fact, the bad guy here. And then I realize what today is the anniversary of and wonder how we got so far away from 1988......

Replies: