Northwestern game questions
by EFH4ND (2018-10-15 20:32:56)

For those more adept at forecasting or intuiting these things, any idea as to when the ND at NU game is likely to be played? Expect it will be aired on the ABC/ESPN family of channels.

Competition that day includes:
Alabama at LSU - Likely to be a rare primetime game on CBS

Penn State at Michigan - Likely on ABC/ESPN, and would expect this to be their primetime game

West Virginia at Texas - Expect this to be on FOX

Georgia at Kentucky - In light of ALA at LSU, this will likely be an ESPN game

Stanford at Washington - Expect this to be a night game on ESPN

Therefore, does ND at NU get pushed to a 3:30 PM ET/2:30 PM CT kick-off?

Also, any idea if ND will bring their band?

FOCUS on the BYE WeeK....Go IRISH!!!! *
by ndharvey  (2018-10-16 14:23:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does the purple line run on NW game day Saturdays?
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 07:23:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or does it remain off?

Take the metra. Purple line doesn't run from downtown on
by airborneirish  (2018-10-16 13:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

weekends. Metra is a one beer max ride from ogilvie / clybourn

Metra also goes to Evanston. North line.
by Domer84  (2018-10-16 09:58:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The train stop is at Central, 2 blocks from the stadium. I don't know the current Saturday schedule. It used to run every hour on the weekends.

That’d be the way to do it.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-10-16 11:20:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The UP-North line leaves Ogilvie at 8:35 (and then every 2 hours), arrives at Central St in Evanston in 30 minutes. Makes a stop at the Clybourn stop near Armitage about 7 minutes after departing Ogilvie if you live in Lincoln Park/Lakeview/Wicker/Bucktown/et al and don’t want to backtrack to Ogilvie.

Now you don’t have to look it up, DD.

Plus
by HTownND  (2018-10-16 13:36:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Metra allows drinking. CTA does not.

Thanks, I did look that up too
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 12:25:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I live directly next to the brown line so I try to use the EL but I can get to the Ravenswood UP-N stop pretty easily and looks like I'll save some time.

I was going to say
by HTownND  (2018-10-16 13:35:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you are north of the Ashland/Corland intersection, there are other stops on the way, including Ravenswood.

If you are really far north, there is a Rogers Park stop, but at that point, take an Uber.

are we f'ing neighbors?
by airborneirish  (2018-10-16 13:26:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm near the sedgwick brown line stop

Thank goodness no
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 14:20:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just kidding, I miss living in that neighborhood

But you're nowhere near the Ravenswood UP-N stop

Ah no I'm not but I miss spacca napoli
by airborneirish  (2018-10-16 14:54:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would drive down from evanston back in the day to grab some good pizza.

Only between Howard and Evanston *
by El Kabong  (2018-10-16 07:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So can we take red line to Howard and purple to Central? *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 08:46:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, and it takes a while
by El Kabong  (2018-10-16 09:00:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did that for a Northwestern vs Iowa game a few years back, took for-ev-er.

It looks like it’s going directly to the ND Chicago tailgate
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 15:41:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For those who are paying $60 a head to attend that event

From downtown, it would be over an hour...
by Kbyrnes  (2018-10-16 10:09:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...It doesn't take all that long for the trains to get from here to there, but there is time walking to and from, and waiting for the trains to arrive.

Those purple lines aren't frequent.
by harmonica  (2018-10-16 12:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I should know, I used to commute from Lincoln Park to Skokie.

Right. The Purple line runs back and forth all day...
by Kbyrnes  (2018-10-16 08:59:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Saturday, with trains about 12 to 15 minutes apart. The last train back to Howard leaves Central at 12:17 a.m.

Per Matt Sarz, 11/3 is the last week that both ESPN and FOX
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-10-15 23:34:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

can select a game to air at night without prior consultation with the competing schools.

From that point forward, networks will make schools available multiple weeks in advance of the possibility of a night game and both competing schools must agree to the night game selection.

Michigan has filled their quota of 3 home night games
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-10-15 22:18:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for 2017-2018. They could consent to hosting PSU at night, but that seems unlikely.

One of their games has to be on BTN, but presumably,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-10-15 23:32:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that will be the Rutgers or Indiana game.

Is there any empirical evidence to show that a night game
by airborneirish  (2018-10-15 23:11:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will help them win? They're playing well. I can see them playing a night game if it helps them keep doing so.

They've only played 7 home night games in all
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-10-16 00:50:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their record is 6-1, with the loss coming to MSU last year. That's the same record that ND had in home night games from 1982-1990 (2-1 under Faust and 4-0 under Holtz, including 3-0 vs. Michigan). So it seems to help them, but it's unclear that the advantage is significant when compared to 3:30 pm start times. Michigan fans have previously complained that the crowd is dead for noon start times. I doubt MSU will have that problem when they host the Skunkweasels at noon this Saturday.

Interesting thanks for information *
by airborneirish  (2018-10-16 22:55:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can we get a roll call for this? I'm in Old town and taking
by airborneirish  (2018-10-15 21:50:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

El up. I am rolling sans family and responsibilities so would love to meet up with some of you jagaloons.

I will be there *
by Cliff Claven  (2018-10-16 14:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am in Evanston and will be going. *
by dfw  (2018-10-15 21:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm going, was also thinking of the el...
by Kbyrnes  (2018-10-15 21:53:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...possibly going with my brother if the game is early enough, as he's playing a gig that night. Once that clears up I'll email you and maybe we can meet up.

Great - look forward to seeing you there *
by airborneirish  (2018-10-15 23:11:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Irish Band is going & kickoff not known till 10/22 *
by Caber  (2018-10-15 21:34:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or possibly until 10/28 *
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-10-15 22:19:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post