1986 by me.
by fighting amish (2018-11-09 19:37:27)

In reply to: Just wondering: 1. When did this Marshmallow thing start?  posted by 1NDGal

I was co-chair of Pangborn Freshman orientation and VP of the dorm that year. My co- chair set up a marshmallow roast with Le Mans Hall. We had 40 bags of marshmallows and were all set until a tornado warning caused it to be cancelled. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to take a few bags to the game. Since we had the 1812 overture at the end of the 3rd quarter, I chose the end of the first quarter as a good time to do it. The first time we did it was hysterical because obviously no one saw it coming. At first people were pissed about getting hit, but once they realized what they were hit by, it really took off. We did it every game that year and each game it got bigger. As you can imagine, the ushers were pissed. I assume it is now only tolerated once a year because it makes such a mess. Someone mentioned it being pirated from Penn State. I live in a area choking in the filth of that cult. I would never do anything to emulate that place. They may have been doing it, but I was unaware of it.

Replies: