Cotton Bowl is outselling the Orange Bowl 3:1
by oneill3b (2018-12-11 21:48:42)

and is by far the most popular bowl so far. Does it appear that prices on the secondary market are going to continue to go up?

And that's why Washington State didn't get invited
by bluengold07  (2018-12-12 08:40:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to a New Year's Six bowl -- That and their horrifyingly bad non-conference schedule.

You missed the point. Alamo is the top selling bowl outside
by domerduck  (2018-12-12 11:44:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the New Years 6 and this is only measuring the secondary market. This has more todowith who can drive to the bowl game and if the school filled its allocation allotment. Guess what WSU vs Iowa State is outselling LSU vs UCF which is a NY6 bowl and also behind the Citrus, Music City, and Outback bowls. I guarantee if WSU was at the Fiesta Bowl against UCF demand would have been much higher.

Here's the write up on the Fiesta Bowl: The lowest ranked of the New Year’s Six bowls the Fiesta Bowl features a blue blood in LSU and a hungry for respect UCF squad riding a 25 game win streak. Despite Central Florida boasting the highest enrollment in the United States, the fan base is still relatively small and the team lacks the mystique of more traditional college football powers. Additionally, travel costs for both teams to get to Glendale are among the highest among all bowls.

By the way the other point is this is based on credit card states of residence. WSU creates a lot of engineers who go all over the country. Nobody lives in Pullman after they graduate.

Also their horrifyingly bad in-conference schedule
by sprack  (2018-12-12 10:46:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because the Pac-12 is horrifyingly bad.

The 3:1 ratio comes from an article posted 12/3/2018.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 22:41:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if it's still true.

Miami is a more expensive trip
by Brandon  (2018-12-11 22:17:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before we knew where we were going, I checked out airfare and hotels for both locations and Miami was way pricier than DFW across the board. Granted, the airfare part varies depending on where you're coming from.

If we had gone to Miami, I most likely wouldn't be attending the semifinal, both related to the higher travel cost and the bad taste in my mouth from 6 years ago.

The secondary ticket markets don't support this
by irishtexan02  (2018-12-11 22:05:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you have been watching them, you will see that tickets are increasing in numbers and prices are dropping. For example, Stubhub has nearly 6K tickets available with lowest price being $175 which was 5K and $225 just a few days ago.

I am seeing the opposite
by oneill3b  (2018-12-12 08:08:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The cheapest ticket currently on Stubhub is 225, more expensive than it was before, and I see fewer available than a couple weeks ago. If you are seeing tickets for that price, please send me the link.

lowest listed are $170 in section 420
by irishtexan02  (2018-12-12 09:07:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Directly from stubhub right now. Not sure what you are doing. I have been checking every morning. As of right now there are 6004 tickets available after it dipped to the 5500 range. About 25K tickets are arriving in clemson and ND fans Friday as well.

Thanks. I think I was looking at the ND side ony, where
by oneill3b  (2018-12-12 10:32:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are more expensive. That’s a good sign for ND.

No problem!
by irishtexan02  (2018-12-12 10:43:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do think prices will continue to drop. I am telling my friends to wait until Dec 26th. I found this post that I found pretty funny
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/tix/d/college-football-cotton-bowl/6752905630.html

Am I right that the ND section prices are going up?
by oneill3b  (2018-12-12 11:20:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s the trend I have noticed, so I am contemplating buying now because I would prefer not to be in a Clemson section.

it is now down to $154 to get in
by irishtexan02  (2018-12-12 20:35:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mostly on the clemson side. I bet it drops below $100 soon

I don't know how many Clemson sections there will be.
by KeoughCharles05  (2018-12-12 16:23:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clemson has just under 3000 alums in the state of Texas, with maybe another 1000 in surrounding states within driving distance of Dallas.

I think the Austin area alone has something like 2500 ND alums. I'll let Revue Party and other Dallas members chime in, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had close to 3000 dues paying members.

With 70% of the buyers reportedly being from Texas, I think this is going to be a heavily pro ND crowd. Clemson has virtually no presence within the state. ND definitely does.

R.P. and I are past-presidents of the ND Club of Dallas.
by Manor76  (2018-12-13 11:07:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His tenure was more recent than mine, but I don't think the numbers have changed much. I think there are about 5,000 alums in the Dallas area; it's a constant battle to keep the paid membership above 500.
Revue Party will correct me if I'm wrong; he's good at that.
The ND crowd will be boosted by "Los Irish" - Hispanic subway alumni.

Also
by HTownND  (2018-12-14 12:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As with the 1993 season, the Houston Club (as well as Austin and others) are probably making arrangements to head to Dallas for the game.

We had a bus there and back in January of 94

They started higher and remain higher by 15% on
by 1NDGal  (2018-12-12 13:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Vividseats.

So I think the ND folk will be dispersed on both sides of the stadium.

Seating capacity is 22% higher at AT&T Stadium than at Hard
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 22:37:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rock Stadium, even using the conservative 80,000 main seating capacity number. 100,000 is roughly the maximum capacity. Could the Cotton Bowl be dumping more tickets on the market as the regular tickets get sold?

Desperate ND fans and Exuberant Clemson fans
by carroll2005  (2018-12-11 21:57:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Vs bored Bama fans and hopeless OU fans

I'm going, but I sure ain't "desperate"
by sprack  (2018-12-12 10:43:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't even know what that means.

Bama folks only like to travel once *
by shillelaghhugger  (2018-12-11 21:56:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, and to Miami? Been there done that, nothing new
by sprack  (2018-12-12 10:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If were an Alabama fan, I sure would save my money and not go to Miami.

And if I were an Oklahoma fan, a trip to Miami is a) also nothing new b) expensive and c) while it would be great to see their Heisman Trophy winner in potentially (likely?) his last football game ever, how much fun would it be to see their defense give up 70 points to the Tide?