Love came up short in unanimous All-American bid
by Hanratty5ND (2018-12-12 11:23:22)

AFCA had him and Mustipher 2nd team.
So Love got 4/5.

They had 2 LSU db's 1st team..... that's bullshit.
3 Clemson DL made 1st team:

9 Bama/Clemson-1st Team, 6 on second team. Only 1 Ok/ND
by domerduck  (2018-12-13 11:54:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

player 1st team and it wasn't even the Heisman Trophy winner. Doesn't seem like a very objective AA team. By there measures they've already figured out the final based on talen and the results are a forgone conclusion. 7 AAs from Clemson vs 2 2nd teamers from ND & 8 Bama AAs vs 4 from Ok, all from the offense with 3 2nd teamers. Hopefully both Ok and ND win to meet in the final so we can stop this love affair of only two teams in college football.

Basically an all ACC/SEC team
by athlete37  (2018-12-12 12:35:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus Wisconsin/Iowa

Plus an LSU linebacker on the 1st team *
by 1978Irish  (2018-12-12 11:59:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You mean the same guy Q drove 10 yds and pancaked into turf?
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-12-12 12:08:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh yeah Devin White:

Who was the LSU guy he delivered a Rock Bottom to? *
by FtWorthIrish  (2018-12-12 12:44:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That LSU defense was great. Only gave up 74 to A&M. *
by nd44  (2018-12-12 11:43:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

74 yards is pretty good! Oh, you meant points! *
by pmoose  (2018-12-12 13:28:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Greedy Willams stat line that game: 1 tackle/0 ints
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-12-12 11:55:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on how he played...but I will:

I find it hard to believe a guy played a full game + 8 OT's, and only found a way to make 1 tackle all night, especially given all the scoring.

That would be a poor showing even in basketball
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-12-12 11:49:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, 43 of those points were scored in overtime, so they really shouldn't count the same as the 31 regulation points they gave up. But still, the most ND gave up all season was 27 to Wake Forest, and 14 of those were scored after ND already had 49 points.

Still a great year.
by UpperEastSideIrish  (2018-12-12 11:33:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I keep hearing about Clemson's "speed." Well first, we have plenty have speed at WR too. Maybe not at their level, but are guys are solid.

Second, everyone keeps picking on Love all year and losing. He has not tons of pass breakups. Gilman on the back end has been great.

We've done well to give up few points this year and Love is a big reason. Congrats to him and all the guys.

So that makes him unanimous AA, just not unanimous 1st team
by Irish_Texan  (2018-12-12 11:32:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or have I misunderstood how it works?

"Unanimous" and "Consensus" AA count only 1st team AA picks. *
by SavageDragon  (2018-12-12 11:35:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good to know. Thanks. Too bad for Love *
by Irish_Texan  (2018-12-12 15:10:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he is consensus, just not unanimous
by DavidAddison  (2018-12-12 20:25:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least per Wikipedia (link below).

3 or more = consensus
all 5 = unanimous