Andrew's main squeeze is now Jenkins's chief of staff
by Bruno95 (2018-12-12 12:48:47)

At least she's out of Student Affairs.

And John Affleck-Graves is retiring, to be replaced by Shannon Cullinan. That's a big job for a relatively young person. Affleck-Graves changed the complexion of the university during his tenure.

Scott Malpass is not mentioned in this article, but I note he still rules.

Scott definitely rules
by Taxman  (2018-12-12 13:57:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's his world. The rest of these people just live in it.

Sure, let’s have her interact with the BoT instead
by beattherush  (2018-12-12 13:41:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m sure that will result in rational, pro-student decisions.

Our University’s leadership remains a disaster, with the notable exception of Malpass as you rightly mention.

It sure needs a dose of outside thinking and experience *
by Marylanddomer  (2018-12-12 18:06:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ann Firth is a nice person.
by mocopdx  (2018-12-12 13:39:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I grew up with her son, we lived a football field away from them. Nice family, good kids, solid neighbors, etc.

With that said, it doesn't shock me one bit that she clashed with students and was a draconian ruler. Their family was super conservative, almost Focus on the Family types, and they did not have rational views on things like underage drinking. She never should've been put in the position she was given.

I disagree *
by ACross  (2018-12-12 14:25:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As do I *
by Top40Bubba  (2018-12-12 18:50:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was I your running mate? *
by ACross  (2018-12-12 22:15:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes sir. Ann Firth hated us with a passion. *
by Top40Bubba  (2018-12-13 16:23:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good to see your name *
by ACross  (2018-12-13 22:18:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You as well. Mention of Ann Firth drew me from lurker status
by Top40Bubba  (2018-12-14 02:56:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's been a bit but I occasionally pop in to participate, and I had to jump in if only to express solidarity with your opinion of Our Lady's new Chief of Staff. I also enjoy watching people trying to figure you out on the boards. It's pretty entertaining.

Disagree about which part?
by Flanner89  (2018-12-12 16:52:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That she is a nice person? Or that she never should've been put in the position she was given?
I don't know her as a person, but completely agree with the second statement. Her logic was not right, and she should not have been in that job.

I'm guessing Moco's Subject line.
by Revue Party  (2018-12-12 18:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They appear to be in total agreement regarding her suitability for the position.

She should have worked for Ave Maria U. *
by KeoughCharles05  (2018-12-12 13:45:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't he 47 or so? That's how old Obama was in 2008. *
by Tex Francisco  (2018-12-12 13:32:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is a good guy - can he do the job, I don't know.
by chicos bail bonds  (2018-12-12 19:48:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But on the surface, he is well respected and a nice guy. Given his education, overall background, and my albeit limited personal interaction, I would guess that he will be successful.

Anyone close to my age is too young to be important.
by Bruno95  (2018-12-12 13:54:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a defense mechanism, Tex.

The LA Rams head coach is apparently 23 or something
by DakotaDomer  (2018-12-12 14:54:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m not over it

But that was just the presidency *
by NDAtty  (2018-12-12 13:43:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think she was Jenkins' CoS before this....
by Rockbrig97  (2018-12-12 13:11:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this move gave her the VP title.