If you're a 5 star player with your eye on the NFL...
by BigNDfan (2018-12-19 17:02:17)

In reply to: That's not the point  posted by ndzippy

Why would you choose a school with a heavy academic course load compared to a school where your main focus will be football?

I would bet that the number of 5 stars that even consider ND - regardless of what they do on the field - is quite low.

You are making the unfounded assumption that 5-stars....
by Wolfetone  (2018-12-19 19:34:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't cut the mustard academically at ND.

Some people do, but this post wasn't.
by SavageDragon  (2018-12-19 20:09:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This post was setting out a premise that there is one line of thinking that comes down to a cost-benefit analysis of doing rigorous academic work as part of your finite 168-hour week versus not doing rigorous academic works as part of your finite 168-hour week.

Let me ask Tim Brown when I bump into him next week. *
by 84david  (2018-12-19 18:37:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Todd Lyght is on our staff
by ACross  (2018-12-19 18:47:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He might not have been a profile fit.

Kelly hasn't assaulted him yet.

This is such a bogus argument
by ndzippy  (2018-12-19 17:08:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What's changed since Lou Holtz was coach, and ND routinely brought in 5-star recruits?

Or 2006-2009, when ND brought in six 5-star players over a span of four years?

Are you saying we should simply stop trying? It seems Coach Kelly has.