Georgia's 2019 schedule through Sept. 30 is remarkable.
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-01-10 13:30:35)

Aug. 31 Vanderbilt
Sep. 7 Murray State
Sep. 14 Arkansas State
Sep. 21 Notre Dame
Sep. 28 OFF

Like I said. If we go 1-10 and beat them I’ll be elated.
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-01-10 23:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We had them last year.

Ahem, 2-10
by ThreeD  (2019-01-11 09:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan still sucks

I, too, still have the 11-game schedule number fixed into my head.

2-11, with the Bowl game. *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2019-01-11 09:26:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two words: Bowling Green *
by golfjunkie17  (2019-01-10 23:02:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's not particularly instructive,
by WilfordBrimley  (2019-01-10 15:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Murray State is the only real dreg in that slate. Arkansas State has been a decent G5 program for a while now.

Their cross-over games are Auburn and Texas A&M; they have another OOC game against Georgia Tech; and they still have their SEC East slate, which while not the grind that the SEC West is, will have two or three top 25 teams. It'll be one of the ten hardest schedules in college football next year.

Look at their schedule following that bye:
@ Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
BYE
Florida (Jacksonville)
Missouri
@ Auburn
Texas A&M
@ Georgia Tech

That's five teams that finished in Sagarin's final top 30 in an eight game stretch, plus two traditional rivals (one Tier 1, another Tier 2) on the road.

More tomato cans there than in a Sicilian market
by Jvan  (2019-01-10 19:15:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Give me a break.

They’ll have one of the toughest schedules in America
by WilfordBrimley  (2019-01-10 22:49:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

next year. There are ten P5 teams, a decent G5 team, and a tomato can. There are probably five to six ranked teams on that schedule before they potentially play in the SEC title game. No one should be throwing stones at that schedule, including us. We look like morons doing so.

You're trying too hard to sell this
by Jvan  (2019-01-11 00:18:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I detect some big time pro-Georgia bias. You live in that state, don't you?

No, far from it.
by WilfordBrimley  (2019-01-11 00:54:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no UGA connection, and I live in Chicago. I find it a bit amusing that some Notre Dame fans are trying to tear down that schedule. It is objectively at least as difficult as ours, and their SoS usually pisses all over ours. Their SoS according to Sagarin over the last six years:

Notre Dame:

They have a built-in SEC East schedule, a built-in crossover game against a Tier 1 program, and a built-in OOC game against a Tier 2 program. They’ve tried to play at least one good out of conference opponent most years for about a decade now. Their schedule is typically better than ours is, and some fans look like try hards trying to downplay that. They had a “down” schedule this year and still ended up playing five top fifteen teams - four that won Big Six bowl games - including their bowl game and another two that received votes.

Florida and TAMU are decent; the rest are putrid *
by Jvan  (2019-01-11 11:41:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ark St. lost to a 3-9 Tulsa team and by 50 to Alabama.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-10 18:55:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The point is that Georgia will have a week off before they play Notre Dame and another week off after the game.

So what? We will, too. Arkansas State will probably be
by WilfordBrimley  (2019-01-10 22:47:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

better than New Mexico. Georgia will have one of the five-to-ten most difficult schedules in the country next year, and I am willing to gamble that it will be tougher than ours.

Not “we will”.Technically, it’s “we did, too.”
by Ndwahoo  (2019-01-11 06:22:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arkansas state did the same things we did in 2010 - 2012.

Is ours much better?
by alleghenyirish  (2019-01-10 13:36:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Louisville is terrible, then New Mexico, UGA and then Virginia instead of an off week.

Not that inspiring

Yes, because we have to play Georgia
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-10 16:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Georgia only has to play ND.

Made me laugh more than it should have *
by Mike Honcho  (2019-01-10 17:56:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't count on Louisville being awful
by BIG MAC  (2019-01-10 16:29:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent new coach...first game...we need to be ready to play. We should win, but we need to avoid overconfidence.

Who’s this “we” you’re speaking for?
by golfjunkie17  (2019-01-10 22:56:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who cares how confident an internet forum is that ND will beat Louisville? They stunk last year and ND played in the playoff, ND should kick their ass. If they don’t it’ll be a disappointment. But overconfidence here has no bearing on the actual players. If they don’t perform well because of overconfidence, there will be one man to blame for that. Not “us”.

Was that App State coach the one that beat UM? *
by TWO  (2019-01-10 16:44:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, different guy.
by BIG MAC  (2019-01-10 16:55:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am in NC and Satterfield is very well liked down here.

No
by gordonbombay  (2019-01-10 16:53:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was Jerry Moore, who oddly was fired after the 2012 season because the program had fallen off. Satterfield replaced him and has won 10+ games 3 of 5 seasons (and 3 Sun Belt titles) since they joined FBS. He's a good one.

It's not inpsiring but..........
by Ty Webb  (2019-01-10 15:29:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it still beats what UGA is playing.

Virginia should have a solid team next year
by BIG MAC  (2019-01-10 16:31:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not great, but decent.

Yet no one will dock UGA for playing that schedule..
by TWO  (2019-01-10 16:13:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because well they play a tough SEC schedule.

They won't, but
by gordonbombay  (2019-01-10 16:16:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To be fair, ND and Ga Tech is probably better than any other SEC team will play out of league, and adding A&M as their cross-division game makes it a pretty reasonable schedule. As pointed out above, if you're going to schedule a Sun Belt team, Arkansas State is among the best, too, and certainly would beat whoever our worst opponent is most of the time.

The team that will get an undeserved pass is Bama, which plays freaking Duke as their showcase neutral-site game, three more tomato cans (including an FCS) and again dodges both Georgia and Florida in the regular season (though they'll likely face the Dawgs yet again in Atlanta).

Yes.
by Dude87  (2019-01-10 14:19:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We play three power 5 schools and another FBS team. We knew U of Mex. would be bad when scheduled, Louisville was probably seens as tough game when scheduled. UVA is part of our ACC package (as is Louisville). Murray State? Arkansas St?

Yes, much better. Good enough? Probably not. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-01-10 14:16:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post