there's an upside to not winning a Heisman
by irishrock (2019-01-11 10:42:48)

In reply to: I agree Rocket should have been in the college HOF years  posted by jt

and that's not having to film stupid Nissan commercials at the "Heisman House" where you'd get to hang out with notable Heisman winners like Gino Toretta, Jason White, OJ Simpson, and Ty Detmer.

It used to be a cool award but when guys like Detmer and Andre Ware starting winning it, it went downhill from there.

I doubt any of those guys are contractually obligated
by ndtnguy  (2019-01-11 10:47:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just because they won the Heisman years before Nissan started sponsoring it.

Those guys are in those commercials because they want to be.

I haven't seen OJ in any of them for some reason *
by sprack  (2019-01-11 11:22:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They probably have a No Knives Allowed policy in the Heisman
by Dillon76  (2019-01-11 15:49:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

House.

Or a No Knaves Allowed policy. *
by tdiddy07  (2019-01-11 18:14:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you look closely, Ronald Reagan's rosary is in them. *
by tdiddy07  (2019-01-11 13:45:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sponsored by Ford Bronco *
by OITLinebacker  (2019-01-11 12:53:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well, yeah.
by irishrock  (2019-01-11 10:54:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was joking about the first paragraph. The second part about the award used to being a cool award and being diminished in the late 80's/early 90's (post Barry Sanders)...I'll stand by that.