"Panic" about a loss isn't the point
by UpperEastSideIrish (2019-01-17 16:49:25)

In reply to: ACC football schedule released. ND done no favors.  posted by irishcane

We have to make sure that we are getting a fair shake in terms of the ACC deal. I would argue that the financial arrangements and the affect the ACC has had on basketball have been fair to overwhelmingly positive for us.

But this is an example where the conference doesn't seem to be treating us right, and that's not good for the arrangement. I doubt that the ACC would do this to any conference member.

As a ref, I hate to say this, but I also feel like we're not getting the best deal there either. I would never think anyone is throwing a game, or showing favoritism, but sometimes when you've been in a conference and you've seen the same locker rooms, seeing the same coaches and same people at meetings - well, that familiarity might affect you in a way you don't even realize. ACC officials probably seen ND half as much as other schools in the league. Don't think it doesn't matter because it just may. Simply put, too many big calls have gone against Notre Dame. The Pitt game this year was an embarrassment.

I'm not "scared" of playing someone coming off a bye, but don't be surprised if this catches up with us in a bad loss. Jack should have a talk with the conference about this. It shouldn't be allowed to happen again.