Notre Dame's first ever grey shirt?
by BigNDfan (2019-01-18 11:05:31)

Per a free 247 article Marist Liufau may be ND's first grey shirt for football.

He signed his NLI recently, but based on scholarship availability, may have to wait until the spring of 2020 before he's at ND.

What about Rudy having to go to Holy Cross College........
by Domerduck  (2019-01-18 12:58:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but maybe he didn't get a scholarship. Got to watch the movie again to get the facts right.

Don't give The Shirt committee any ideas. (link)
by RallyingSon  (2019-01-18 11:20:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was a pink one once. I'd take gray over that crap *
by sprack  (2019-01-18 18:28:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some of the colors let alone the message are down
by MDDomer  (2019-01-18 13:49:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

right fugly and pathetic

How about that Grey Poupon yellow one from 2008?
by sprack  (2019-01-18 18:30:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a classic.

The committee tweeted that they considered black last year.
by RallyingSon  (2019-01-18 16:18:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It _might_ have been a joke. But the fact that I'm not sure is telling.

Nothing would surprise me *
by MDDomer  (2019-01-18 16:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the left
by HTownND  (2019-01-18 13:19:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Third one from the top, still the best

Is that Mt. Rushmore? I was always fond of that one. *
by NDMike2001  (2019-01-18 13:44:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. My favorite by far. *
by RallyingSon  (2019-01-18 13:55:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It better be green next year
by bluengold07  (2019-01-18 12:55:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With road games at Georgia and Michigan.

It won't be
by gordonbombay  (2019-01-18 14:22:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's never the same color two years in a row. More likely navy or Madonna blue unless they decide to try to do some version of gold again.

I'd go with purple. Get used to it. *
by Irish72  (2019-01-18 18:56:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’d be a great shirt
by carroll2005  (2019-01-20 12:56:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Purple. The scores to the Clemson and Bama games on the front. Irish grimace and “get used to it” on the back.

Can you greyshirt someone who signed a LOI?
by bigcrownd  (2019-01-18 11:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought greyshirts did not sign Letters of Intent and then enrolled with the next class. If he signed his LOI, isn't he automatically part of the 2019 class and counting against the scholarship limit?

NLI is void if there is no scholarship available
by rick  (2019-01-18 15:01:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as of the deadline, which is sometime in the summer around the start of fall practice. If there are scholarships available, the NLI is binding for that year. There is no carryover to a subsequent year.

From the NLI Website
by NDJunky  (2019-01-18 13:04:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Grayshirting" is a term used in the recruiting process to describe situations in which a student-athlete delays initial enrollment in a collegiate institution to the winter or spring term after the traditional academic year begins. Student-athletes who "grayshirt" often use the fall term to take part-time classes or choose to not enroll in college at all.

"Grayshirting" is not a formal designation by the NCAA or the NLI program. If you decide to delay your initial enrollment provided you were eligible to enroll, your NLI remains binding. If a coach or the institution's admission office asks you to delay your enrollment and you were eligible to enroll, the institution is obligated to honor your athletics aid if you wish to attend the institution.

Should you want to attend another NLI member institution due to the coach or institution delaying your enrollment, your NLI will be declared null and void.

Based on the article - apparently it doesn't matter. *
by BigNDfan  (2019-01-18 11:27:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post