Kyle Rudolph named Walter Payton Man of the Year *
by athlete37 (2019-01-20 20:14:32)

This user did not provide content for this post

No, he won the Charity Challenge.
by FL_Irish  (2019-01-20 20:52:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The actual award has yet to be announced.

This article says both (link)
by athlete37  (2019-01-20 21:00:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The headline says MOY the body says he won charity contest. Not sure the difference or which is true if there is one.

He didn't win MOY and one reporter admitted he screwed up.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-20 22:22:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I jumped the gun earlier and used the incorrect phraseology on the original story I did on this, so this will serve as a correction to that. The only excuse I can offer up for the original story is that I messed up, and for that I apologize.

It was just announced at halftime of the AFC Championship Game on CBS that Minnesota Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph was named the winner of the 2018 Walter Payton Man of the Year Challenge. He has not won the 2018 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. . .that award will be given out at the NFL Honors ceremony the night before this year’s Super Bowl.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. Hope we wins in 12 days *
by athlete37  (2019-01-21 08:51:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The MOY award is announced the day before the Super Bowl
by FL_Irish  (2019-01-20 21:09:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Winner gets $250K for charity.

The Charity Challenge is a fan vote among the nominees. Winner gets $25K for his charity.

Fandangtastic. Somebody call Oprah, think I’m gonna cry. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-01-20 20:25:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post