Sadly, one of the good Trojans (Garry P) passed away
by LADomer (2019-01-21 13:35:42)

I think some of our NDN Board OPs likely knew Garry.

Garry Paskwietz was a founder and driving force of wearesc.com A close friend of mine is a co-founder and partner in the site, so I have met Garry on several occasions and he was always a gentleman and straight shooter. Too young (52) to go...

If anyone is near the grotto and needs to do some "penance"...maybe light a candle for a life long Trojan!!

If memory serves, he and Mike Frank were friends.
by Bruno95  (2019-01-21 15:00:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If this is the right guy, they got along well enough that Garry would answer questions on Mike’s site during the Manti Te’o recruitment. They knew Manti was calling coaches one by one as they were eliminated. The night before signing day, neither Weis nor Carroll had received the phone call. I think Manti called Carroll just before he walked in to his announcement.

Correct. Mike left a very gracious tribute on their board *
by usmcirish  (2019-01-21 19:19:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No doubt
by HTownND  (2019-01-21 13:50:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hobbs is somewhere celebrating

Oh no! I visited his site frequently during the season.
by usmcirish  (2019-01-21 13:43:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was he sick or was this unexpected?

I believe he had a stroke relatively recently
by LADomer  (2019-01-21 14:06:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw him at briefly at the ND-USC game and he did not look great. But, I wasn't close enough to know any details. I think it was pretty sudden from the little I hear.

You're right. A buddy who knew him just confirmed
by usmcirish  (2019-01-21 14:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a stroke.