ND does not offer players whose commitments it would not
by oneill3b (2019-02-06 11:17:22)

In reply to: So, where does ND fit into this?  posted by Notra_Dahm

accept. From what I have read, the staff will be up front with players about how many they have offered at their position and where the player stands on ND's board, but ND will of course tell a player that if another player at X position commits first, then we will no longer be able to take you. I think that approach strikes the right balance.

This is not true
by HTownND  (2019-02-06 13:31:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See above and elsewhere.

We absolutely distinguish between commitable offers and non commitable offers.

In the case of Sheffield, it was a numbers game, but it was clear his offer wasn't "commitable" or was rescinded because of the numbers.

Yes we followed up and were transparent, but we absolutely give out non commitable offers and play the game like everyone else.

So does the chart include those "unofficial" ND offers?
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-02-06 12:00:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In other words, it seems that they are including they are doing so for other schools, which is the point of the article. I assume the large ND figure includes both official and unofficial offers. But perhaps the other schools are as clear. And perhaps NW and Stanford's data only includes what ND would consider "official" offers, which might explain the large discrepancy.