Bob Stoops is back in coaching
by jt (2019-02-07 15:49:50)

going to coach the Dallas team of the XFL.

He probably got tired of sitting in Chicago and waiting...
by Rilo  (2019-02-07 21:02:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for Swarbrick to get his head out of his ass and take the hint.

well, I sense sarcasm but there is a point there
by jt  (2019-02-08 10:20:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am sure that this is a sign to the athletic community that he wants back in on the big stage.

He just needed a year off. Like Lou in '96.
by 84david  (2019-02-10 14:16:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope stoops doesnt end up at one of our normal
opponents.

Savvy has his man. Nuff said! *
by irishintheville  (2019-02-07 16:46:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course. Dallas is the home of Mary Kay Cosmetics. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-02-07 16:08:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Best case scenario for those of us that pine for him at ND
by BigCLumber  (2019-02-07 16:06:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most importantly it shows he is getting the itch to coach again. Secondly, it's likely a short term stop. I can't see someone as successful as stoops living out the rest of his career in the XFL.

And since even the most ardent Kelly hater can't justify firing him after a 12-0 regular season, I would say that the stars are aligning nicely for ND to woo Stoops over to South Bend the next time Kelly inevitably shits the bed again.

If the new coach at Ohio St. does not work out they will
by Bellcon  (2019-02-08 09:38:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

grab him.

Cross him off the list permanently then
by captaineclectic  (2019-02-07 16:03:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously we couldn’t get him. Nobody leaves the XFL for college.

Fire must have re-kindled *
by meatwhistle  (2019-02-07 15:54:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post