What is the knock on Kyren Williams?
by SEE (2019-02-07 23:53:11)
Edited on 2019-02-07 23:56:35

Reminds me of Julian Love a bit, just a good looking football player.

The kids he played against sucked is all I can see *
by airborneirish  (2019-02-12 20:54:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kyren Williams
by Drew  (2019-02-11 16:05:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with our post. Why is his stock down? The guy was named St. Louis All Met Offensive POY and state Class 5 offensive player of year. I do like the Love comparison. His high school film was very impressive. He was an outstanding all around player - both offensive and defense. Kyren also has terrific skills all around skills. I would hate to be a linebacker or DB facing him in the open field.

I pulled this from an article about him from a local article about him from a St. Louis paper. Great article.
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/all-metro/football/offensive-player-of-the-year-vianney-s-williams-will-not/article_76df0b06-0576-11e9-9c0a-f7a437fef897.html

I found the following paragraph to sum it up:

"Williams leaves Vianney as one of its all-time greats, if not the best all-around player to ever play in the program. He rewrote much of the record book as he set school records for most points in a season (254), career touchdowns (112), career receptions (204), career reception yards (2,696), yards in a season (2,760), career interceptions (13) and his eight interceptions this year tied for the most in a single season. He's second all-time for total yards in a career (6,643) and rushing yards in a career (3,947)."

So many school records: points, touchdowns, career receiving yards, career receptions, interceptions... This kid is going to surprise many.

Looks plenty fast to me, very instinctual player also
by JBrock18  (2019-02-10 09:45:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m intrigued by his tape.

He's a sith? *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-09 15:41:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't that what killed Al Capone? *
by ArasEra  (2019-02-09 23:06:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well his HS helmets for one. J k. Think he looks really good *
by pjnuge  (2019-02-09 08:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reminds you of Julian Love or Bryce Love, SEE? *
by Buckyd9  (2019-02-08 14:08:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Julian, though I’ve read one writer who compares him
by SEE  (2019-02-08 18:17:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to Bryce.

He hits really hard, plays both ways and stands out. Love was the same way. Just looked like a good player.

Iffy cohort, not a physical specimen - Mike Hart-esque.
by PeteatND  (2019-02-08 10:52:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's not to say he isn't a good football player, because he appears to have solid quickness, explosiveness, balance, hands, vision, and so on. Actually, you could argue he's perfectly suited to Kelly's pop-gun offense because he looks really good catching out of the backfield - and his receiving stats back that up.

But he doesn't look impressive physically (very thick legs, but no muscle definition in his upper body), doesn't seem to have great deep speed, and his best other offer was Michigan. Beyond that, maybe Wisconsin or MSU.

As mentioned above, Mike Hart looks like a good comp: great against the bulk of the schedule, but not enough physical strength and speed to run against elite competition. I think most would take that kind of career, though.

Not sure I get the upper body knock. You want thick
by SEE  (2019-02-08 18:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the legs for a RB. Rest makes sense.

I am looking forward to watching him play
by doghoused  (2019-02-08 09:15:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As you said, he looks like a good football player. If he can block, I don't see any reason why he would not get some time next season.

Autry Denson and Darius Walker weren't blazers
by athlete37  (2019-02-08 12:12:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Darius left after three years, otherwise he would have overtaken Denson as all time rushing leader. It makes sense why Denson said this guy was our top target all along

Neither won anything of note. *
by rkellyatrecess  (2019-02-08 18:01:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're telling me you wouldn't take Denson or Walker?
by athlete37  (2019-02-08 20:23:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are out of your mind. Both were very good football players.

you can't coach speed *
by dillon301  (2019-02-08 08:42:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whoosh *
by guilfordnd  (2019-02-08 21:51:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same as Love: speed and size *
by rkellyatrecess  (2019-02-08 00:04:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

5’9” 200 as a HS senior is small?
by SEE  (2019-02-08 10:01:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Travis Etienne is that size.

Not sure in his speed.

So he’s a slightly taller Barry Sanders? *
by gozer  (2019-02-09 23:56:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From the videos...
by 11thfloorgrace  (2019-02-08 10:12:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he looks quick (e.g. cuts) but doesn't look all that fast. He doesn't look to have that next gear that Dexter has.

He's also clearly the best athlete on the field.
by cujays96  (2019-02-08 10:29:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That doesn't mean he won't be good but the competition here doesn't seem impressive.

I noticed that, too. *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-02-08 18:40:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post