Is that true?
by tdiddy07 (2019-02-09 13:36:34)

In reply to: Fields reason for leaving was more than  posted by Weirdo0521

I thought he had already decided to transfer and was shopping schools before he was even told that someone yelled a slur at him that he didn't hear from the stands.

If so, that could hardly reasonably be considered a reason for leaving a school he already was in the process of leaving.

It is a little more nuanced than that. The person who called
by ndstein04  (2019-02-10 09:47:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

him the n word repeatedly from the stands was on the baseball team. Justin Fields also happened to be on the baseball team. I don’t t blame him for wanting to leave Georgia after that episode. Also I don’t fault the NCAA for granting the waiver under such circumstances. Also, I would contend that the fact his sister decided to play softball for UGA should have no bearing on whether he should or should not have been granted the waiver. These statements also have no bearing on whether or not Gilman should have been granted a waiver.

Edited for spelling and sentence revision.

That’s not responsive to my post. *
by Tdiddy07  (2019-02-10 22:23:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The incident happened September 29th. I don’t recall hearing
by ndstein04  (2019-02-11 16:19:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Fields was already looking to transfer at that point. In fact, it doesn’t t look like he started looking to transfer until December. Google is your friend.

That is responsive to my post. Thank you.
by tdiddy07  (2019-02-12 09:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My understanding is that he wasn't aware of the incident at the time and didn't become aware of it until later. I thought I had read that it was much later in time. But looks like it became public much sooner than I realized.