I think there's a large number of people here
by KeoughCharles05 (2019-02-11 12:36:51)

In reply to: In the absence of proof to the contrary  posted by tf86

who are not going to take SBPD or NDSP's official statements at face value. Especially on spurious charges like "resisting arrest" without an underlying offense.

The difference for me is that
by tf86  (2019-02-11 12:43:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In my case, it applies to police across the board. Of course, the standard of proof is supposed to be proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, even if that doesn't always happen in the real world.

Are you saying all police everywhere? Just for clarity.
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-02-11 13:12:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not looking to debate, just don’t want to assume.

Based on my personal experience
by tf86  (2019-02-15 12:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would look for corroboration before I'd be inclined to believe anything a police officer says.

And just so that we're clear, I did not say I would not believe anything a police officer said, ever. But I would require corroboration first.