Kyren Williams
by Drew (2019-02-11 16:05:55)

In reply to: What is the knock on Kyren Williams?  posted by SEE

I agree with our post. Why is his stock down? The guy was named St. Louis All Met Offensive POY and state Class 5 offensive player of year. I do like the Love comparison. His high school film was very impressive. He was an outstanding all around player - both offensive and defense. Kyren also has terrific skills all around skills. I would hate to be a linebacker or DB facing him in the open field.

I pulled this from an article about him from a local article about him from a St. Louis paper. Great article.
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/all-metro/football/offensive-player-of-the-year-vianney-s-williams-will-not/article_76df0b06-0576-11e9-9c0a-f7a437fef897.html

I found the following paragraph to sum it up:

"Williams leaves Vianney as one of its all-time greats, if not the best all-around player to ever play in the program. He rewrote much of the record book as he set school records for most points in a season (254), career touchdowns (112), career receptions (204), career reception yards (2,696), yards in a season (2,760), career interceptions (13) and his eight interceptions this year tied for the most in a single season. He's second all-time for total yards in a career (6,643) and rushing yards in a career (3,947)."

So many school records: points, touchdowns, career receiving yards, career receptions, interceptions... This kid is going to surprise many.