Yep, they “nail it” if one is obsessed with knowing....
by Marine Domer (2019-02-11 20:14:27)

In reply to: No need to apologize for TMZ  posted by eddysorin

the worst moments of other people’s lives. It’s sort of like the reverse Facebook. Instead of reading about the best 2% of the lives of a bunch of non-famous people we get to find out about the problems of famous people.

Put it this way, I could have lived my life comfortably without ever knowing about Ray Rice’s or Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner’s issues.

I would love to know this stat
by eddysorin  (2019-02-12 09:20:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

# of formal retractions published in the last 10 years by:

1. The New York Times
2. The Washington Post
3. TMZ

People may think Harvey Levin is a slimeball. Perhaps that's so. He's unwatchable on TV.

But I know one thing the man is not, and that is "stupid".

He's a University of Chicago trained lawyer who isn't about to see his valuable media franchise go under because of libel suits.

He goes after some of the richest, most powerful, most lawyered up people in sports and entertainment, succeeds in getting stories where all others fail, and consistently gets it right.

Appreciate him for what he is.

NewsDiff can help with story changes for NYT or WP.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-02-12 14:12:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some changes are adding information. Others are altering the story significantly without documenting the change. There are other websites that can help as well.

Yeah, it’s a shame someone held Ray Rice to account
by IrishGeek  (2019-02-11 22:31:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for that silly little misunderstanding between his fist and his wife’s face.

Yeah, because that was my point.....
by Marine Domer  (2019-02-12 10:07:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ray Rice should have gotten away with it.

Didn't it seem like he was going to until the video? *
by Bmoreirish  (2019-02-12 10:57:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NFL was only going to give him a 2 game suspension
by daviehamsufferer97  (2019-02-12 13:18:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was only the video coming out that made them change their stance publicly on their domestic violence policy.

Absolutely he was *
by eddysorin  (2019-02-12 11:21:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I can live without Ray Rice/Caitlin Jenner in total. *
by Wolfetone  (2019-02-11 21:28:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post