I have to give props to Kelly for this.
by otters92 (2019-02-13 22:50:46)

(Comments about Michigan football during ND-UM hockey game.)

Nic "The Dope" D'Amato doesn't know what irony is. *
by PWK2  (2019-02-14 16:26:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He seems to genuinely dislike Michigan
by Flann  (2019-02-14 11:25:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think that may be his best attribute.

They could have hired him in 2008
by Jvan  (2019-02-14 15:29:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Instead, they opted for Rich Rodriguez, a poor fit if there ever was one. The geniuses followed up by choosing the legendary Brady Hoke. Now, Kelly is 1-0 vs. The Savior.

Then there is that Urban Meyer guy who is haunting them.

Michigan Football: Legends in their own minds.

personality wise, I think Rodriquez was a fantastic fit
by jt  (2019-02-14 16:10:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in that, I think he is a piece of shit human being and Michigan is a piece of shit program.

No ND coach was as bad as RichRod was to Michigan
by domer4  (2019-02-14 22:18:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not Davie, not Weis, not even Willingham.

Lost to a 3-9 Toledo team at home. The two other teams Toledo beat that year was a 2-10 Miami of Ohio and a 3-9 EMU. Is any lost that WeisDavieWillingham ever had at ND that bad? I don't think so.

Ends a 30 plus year streak of bowl appearances.

Ends a 40 plus year streak of .500 or above records.

Puts them on probation.

Costs them millions to buy him out of the WVU contract and millions more to get out of the remainder of his Michigan contract.

All for 3 years of work.

You could argue that Weis cost ND more - but I would disagree. He got us to a BCS bowl game in 2005 that paid $12 million or so? Netting that against what we paid him - I think RichRod costs Michigan more dollar wise.

And we certain didn't have the expense of the NCAA investigation or defense that RichRod required either.

I wish that he were there still *
by jt  (2019-02-14 22:57:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That just makes him human *
by JClarke  (2019-02-14 14:07:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's not forget we are 1-7 in Ann Arbor since 1997.
by domer4  (2019-02-14 11:38:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly's 0-2, which includes the ever-sickening first Michigan night game ever in 2011 (blowing a 17 point lead in the third quarter, letting them drive 80 yards in 28 seconds at the end of the game).

EDIT: And that place is a house of horrors - those losses are 1997 (Michigan fumbles three times in the second half in their half of the field and we can't score), 1999 (Bobby Brown's excess celebration penalty), 2003 (38-0), 2007 (38-0), 2009 (Tate Forcier last second TD pass), 2011 (forementioned) and 2013 (chicken dance).

All I care is Kelly getting us a win there this year and
by NW Ohio Irish  (2019-02-15 19:35:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ending the series with three straight wins. I hate Michigan, their fans, their stupid block M, and their piss colors.

Its an awful color *
by SEE  (2019-02-17 10:39:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

17 point lead in the fourth quarter.
by 01momanor  (2019-02-14 12:58:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Denard's fumble recovery touchdown to make it 24-14 happened 30 seconds or so into the fourth quarter.

The old uncovered wheel route. It will cost you every time. *
by irishintheville  (2019-02-14 15:56:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That 2009 game was one of the worst-officiated
by bluengold07  (2019-02-14 11:55:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Games I’ve ever seen. We really got screwed that day.

The only time I've been more upset with officials
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-02-15 12:00:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was after the Duke-ND NCAAT basketball game about 16-17 years ago. I think it might have actually been worse in the ND-Michigan game, but I didn't care as much since Weis was on his way out... but it was still enough to really, really piss me off. I remember the officials just jogging off the field before the game was even completely over, those corrupt pieces of shit.

The overturned Armando Allen TD was outright theft. *
by irishset  (2019-02-14 15:06:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there was a holding penalty on Sam Young that was
by irishrock  (2019-02-14 15:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ridiculous. Young was going 315lbs and the DE he crushed was maybe 240lbs. Negated a huge pass play to Rudolph.

That game was a nightmare. The 2011 game was the stupidest game of football I've ever watched. And I'd say that if we would have won it. It was an embarrassment to the game of football and both teams should be ashamed.

Don't forget the P.I. non-call on Golden Tate at the end.
by jakers  (2019-02-15 09:39:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, we probably could have just run the ball on that drive and eaten up enough clock to seal the win, and Weis couldn't help himself but to get cute.

That said, the Go route that was called for Tate had him alone in man coverage, and the defender outright tackled him. Had the obvious flag been thrown, the game would have been over with the fresh set of downs.

yeah, I remember that now. Terrible call
by jt  (2019-02-15 20:10:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the guy covering him was the guy from the thong song, I believe. Cisco, or something like that.

Cissoko, but I like your answer better. *
by jakers  (2019-02-15 21:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is he out on parole yet? *
by domer4  (2019-02-15 21:12:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The list goes on
by Twinkie the Kid  (2019-02-15 10:13:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cissoko forearm shot to Floyd's head when he's on the ground. No call. Dumb shit Matt Millen quips, "it's getting chippy out there."

Flagging Wood for a taunting penalty after scoring what would have been go ahead TD. Wood's transgression was pointing at the student section and holding his finger in front of his mouth to shush the crowd.

Back judge bear-hugging Forcier after his go ahead TD so he wouldn't get called for a excessive celebration penalty.

0:02 left on the clock at midfield at the end of the game, Tate is down and the clock should've stopped -- this would've given Clausen one more chance to heave it to Tate, Floyd, and/or Rudolph. Instead, refs let clock run out and they take off into the tunnel (Weis just stood there on the field, waiting for the officials to come back out and put the 0:02 back on the clock so ND could run one more play -- nothing).

And as already mentioned, Young's "hold" on Roh (it was a nasty pancake block), Tate's no call PI on 3rd down to ice the game, and Allen's overturned TD -- all terrible.

2009 Michigan and 2004 Pitt are the only two games I've ever watched where I blame the officials for an ND loss. And 2009 Michigan was the worst. It wasn't just one or two bad calls or missed calls. It was systematic.

2004 Pitt....ugh.
by jakers  (2019-02-15 21:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had forgotten that one. Yeah, that was criminal.

I was at that 2011 game.
by 01momanor  (2019-02-14 15:42:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember remarking to my friend that it looked like Cincinnati and San Diego State wearing something kind of similar to ND and Michigan uniforms.

yes, but also one of the most poorly coordinated games
by jt  (2019-02-14 12:05:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the defensive side of the ball that I've ever seen. Weis' playcalling towards the end also was questionable, as he left them time and timeouts due to calling excess pass plays that went incomplete.

Just all in all a frustrating game in a season full of them. Weis' teams were Faust-like in that respect.

The 1999 excess celebration penalty on Brown
by domer4  (2019-02-14 11:58:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wasn't any better. It gave them terrific field position on the kick off.

And don't forget the 1986 out of bounds of Williams (which was at ND).

Both of those calls changed a probably changed an ND victory into a loss.

'99 had more bogus calls than just the Brown flag.
by jakers  (2019-02-15 09:32:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That one was absurd, yes, but Anthony Thomas' knee also hit the ground on his "touchdown" run that gave them the final lead.

Agreed
by HTownND  (2019-02-15 14:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although the Brown flag was just an awful awful call.

The others, without review, were sort of par for the course. The Brown flag was just a blatant FU to ND.

Bob Davie was just really really bad at these types of games and crunch time end of game situations.

Familiarity breeds contempt.
by tdiddy07  (2019-02-14 11:38:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When Brian Kelly looks at Michigan, he sees himself. I'd hate Michigan, too, if I were him.

I would've enjoyed it more...
by DavidAddison  (2019-02-14 10:29:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if we didn't play a likely night game in Ann Arbor this coming season. It was all in fun, but maybe not the smartest thing to do.

That game won't be at night if it's on Fox
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-02-14 10:41:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because Fox will be airing Game 4 of the World Series that night. Fox could put it on FS1, but I can't imagine they'd counter-program the World Series like that.

If ND-Michigan is on ABC or ESPN, all bets are off, but there's still a decent chance the game would be at 3:30 ET to avoid conflicting with the World Series. Ironically, the best chance for the game to be at night would be if both teams end up with disappointing records at that point of the season.

thanks. Good to know. Day game would help me out, too *
by DavidAddison  (2019-02-14 11:52:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd prefer our coaches, Kelly included
by TWO  (2019-02-14 08:16:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not taunt other schools in public.

Leave that to internet posters on message boards!

Fuck Michigan!

Or you can just wait until you retire, like Lou.
by domer4  (2019-02-14 11:41:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who memorably told the ND pep rally crowd before the Michigan game a few years ago:

"if someone tells you they go to Michigan, it means because they couldn't get accepted to Notre Dame...."

Will Dabo say the same things at ND/Clemson games?
by irishrock  (2019-02-14 07:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because the same could be said.

Thankfully ND held on to win against Michigan on Sept. 1st. But the shine of that win has lost its luster. ND won by one TD...after beating the crap out of them...one TD. I don’t get the guy’s arrogance

does Clemson play hockey? *
by Flash_85  (2019-02-14 08:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. *
by goldhelmethead  (2019-02-14 09:20:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not Division I ice hockey, they don't. (link)
by milhouse  (2019-02-14 22:12:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd take 14 one point wins any year. *
by discNDav  (2019-02-14 08:36:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jesus *
by BigNDfan  (2019-02-14 08:22:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good lord. Lighten up, Francis. *
by DawsonMayes871  (2019-02-14 08:20:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's "Killer!" *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2019-02-14 10:08:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would rather give him Porps instead *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-02-14 07:12:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially if they’re not house trained. *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-02-14 08:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kind of a slanted article *
by Mickvac  (2019-02-14 05:26:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post