Maybe Randy Moss will finally make it to Notre Dame.
by IrishJosh24 (2019-03-04 11:15:26)

Marshall University, from my hometown, will be coming to Notre Dame in 2022.

Brian Dowler- ND transfer to FSU then Marshall
by olson  (2019-03-04 15:57:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brian Dowler Tampa Fl Plant HS was a member of Notre Dame's 1987 recruiting class.

Brian is the son of Green Bay Packers great WR Boyd Dowler

Brian transferred initially to Florida St and then to Marshall.

Per the link below, Brian Dowler's 13 td catches in '91 is the 6th best in Marshall history & 1,197 receiving yrs that same season is the 8th best ever.

Like his father, Brian Dowler was also a punter.

I seem to remember reading that Brian Dowler had something to do with Randy Moss ending up at Marshall...having followed the exact same path from ND to Florida St to Marshall....albeit Moss never actually arrived at ND...

The only other ND transfer to Marshall that I can think of was Joe Wizba HB Shadyside Oh (a member of the ND 1970 recruiting class) who transferred to Marshall and played DE

As a freshman, Brian was a fine resident of Keenan Hall
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-03-04 19:28:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lived with Dave Rosenberg, another recruit from Florida. Dave broke his leg (twice as I recall) which pretty much ended his career.

Marshall has a good fan base
by Needamirer  (2019-03-04 15:11:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They will appreciate ND and are good fans to tailgate with. We live in Huntington now and my in-laws went to Marshall. They are already planning their trip.

Agreed.
by IrishJosh24  (2019-03-04 15:44:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've received several messages from friends I went to HS with about going up to the game. They are excited for it. It will be a good time.

My parents are still in the area and both went to Marshall. They will probably go as well.

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall! *
by ndzippy  (2019-03-04 14:17:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good to see us lining up the MAC if the ACC thing collapses
by graNDfan  (2019-03-04 12:13:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we want to avoid Ferris State if at all possible..

Marshall has been in C-USA since 2005.
by 01momanor  (2019-03-04 12:27:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not that that's any better.

Now I'm really depressed. GLIAC next up! *
by graNDfan  (2019-03-04 12:54:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now this WV girl will have to listen to both Herd and ...
by wvsubgal  (2019-03-04 12:07:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WVU fans. Ughhh