So, Chip Long wasn’t a Denson fan
by SEE (2019-03-08 21:23:40)
Edited on 2019-03-09 07:14:11

Or at least of his command of the unit

At 12:22 he describes the RBs and how things are different under Lance Taylor.

Lou S. From B&G picked up on that line. Paraphrase: they snap around and look him in the eye and take his coaching Instead of walking off and doing their own thing or having an emotional breakdown...

Sweet follow up question to such a juicy sound bite
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-03-09 17:30:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah let’s follow up by asking about josh lugg.

Follow-ups are not exactly a strength *
by SEE  (2019-03-09 22:35:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everybody’s bigger, stronger, faster.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-03-09 12:22:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everybody’s a really special player who’s improving by leaps and bounds every day.

And don’t forget, he had tea with Nick Saban while talking ball and exchanging barbecue recipes.

I gotta tell ya, I am flat out excited. Expect to see 50 points a game, minimum.

We’re talking about not getting suspended or kicked off the
by SEE  (2019-03-09 12:24:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Team. Your bar is a bit high.

Not sure of thats actially
by chsfb75  (2019-03-09 09:43:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A comparison v Denson’s coaching. If he coached like that he wouldn’t have gotten a head coaching job at Charleston Southern.

Well, Lou is pretty even keeled. He started a 8 page
by SEE  (2019-03-09 11:52:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thread that others jumped in on. Some of which may not be true, but ND’s backs have certainly had some off the field struggles. Lou called it a pretty telling quote, which is what struck me.

Other sites have also reported on Denson’s unique style and its impact on performance and recruiting.

most of the time I agree with you
by quasimodo  (2019-03-09 12:32:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But not all of this one.

Denson's recruiting was not too good although he did help recruit his geo. area well. As of now, we have what 4-5 RB of which none are 4*. Ouch. Still some of that was because of 2 4* getting kicked out and one high 4* from Indy not getting admitted (he was good enough to play at USC this year) despite being committed for about a year. But I will agree, we now have some grab bagging going on in the Rb position because of his misses.

But on the field, his crew did excellent which indicates his coaching was pretty good. CJ was a converted safety/Slot receiver who turned into a breakaway 1000 yard rusher and a 3rd round NFL pick. Adams came in as questionable due to an ACL injury in H.S. causing him to miss a lot of time. I don't recall his stars but believe he was not a consensus 4*. He hit it out of the park in his 3 years at ND setting a frosh record and 2 other 1000 Yrd season (IIRC). Entering this year, we had our "best" guy with less that 600 yards total and he was suspended the first 4 games of the year. He almost got his 1000 yards rushing this year with over a 6 YPC average.

The capper in this is that we set the all time YPC in 2017 (yeah the line was great which was a big part of it) and all without a fumble by a RB in what all 3 years?

His guys might not have liked him and his recruiting suffered perhaps because of his personal style but they did perform on the field.

Q

To be clear, it isn’t my own take on Denson.
by SEE  (2019-03-09 17:04:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The biggest problem I saw was lack of recruiting and the inability of all of our backs to block, which hamstrings the offense.

www.seethoughts.gov.www/seethoughts *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-03-08 23:20:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent reference *
by Rocket7  (2019-03-09 16:21:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you link the correct clip? *
by son of galway  (2019-03-08 21:54:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wrong clip, my apologies. Updated. *
by SEE  (2019-03-09 03:23:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not making the connection. *
by Ryno  (2019-03-08 21:48:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Um...what? *
by NDMike2001  (2019-03-08 21:44:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post